Keyboard lockup,Cyrix 586 Proc.,Delphi 16-bit, Win3.1

I have an application which is running on over a thousand different pc's
but when executed on a pc with a Cyrix 586 processor and Windows 3.1 the
keyboard fails.  No keyboard activity is responded to but the mouse and all
windows 3.1 functions operate properly including my software.  It happens
on a TDBEdit as soon as the user begins typing.  If they Cancel and don not
type anything the KB will not fail.  I cannot find any code in the form
which could cause this kind of problem.  I have several 150mhz and 166mhz
Cyrix based machines which do not exhibit this behavior.  Anyone have any
suggestions?  TIA

Re:Keyboard lockup,Cyrix 586 Proc.,Delphi 16-bit, Win3.1

I had the same problem (on the same processor).  I believe that it was
caused by the MaskEdit bug.  This is a known problem with delphi which
seems to happen on 133 and above machines. . .I ended up taking out all of
my mask edits.

-Robert

In article <01bc06a4$1e0e7b40$af1b1...@axp275.sawyer.ndak.net>, "James R

Anderson" <axp...@sawyer.ndak.net> wrote:
> I have an application which is running on over a thousand different pc's
> but when executed on a pc with a Cyrix 586 processor and Windows 3.1 the
> keyboard fails.  No keyboard activity is responded to but the mouse and all
> windows 3.1 functions operate properly including my software.  It happens
> on a TDBEdit as soon as the user begins typing.  If they Cancel and don not
> type anything the KB will not fail.  I cannot find any code in the form
> which could cause this kind of problem.  I have several 150mhz and 166mhz
> Cyrix based machines which do not exhibit this behavior.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?  TIA

Other Threads