The weekly FAQ item about the Pascal newsgroups' reorganization

CURRENT:
 comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso Pascal according to ANSI and ISO standards.
 comp.lang.pascal.borland  Borland's Pascal incl. Turbo Pascal (not Delphi!)
 comp.lang.pascal.mac      Macintosh based Pascals.             ^^^^^^^^^^^
 comp.lang.pascal.misc     Pascal in general and ungrouped Pascals.

 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.advocacy Contentious issues related to Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.announce Delphi related announcements. (Moderated)
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc General component issues.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.usage Using pre-written components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.writing Writing Delphi components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases Database aspects of Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc General issues with Borland Delphi.
 comp.sources.delphi Delphi and ObjectPascal source code. (Moderated)

OLD:  Please cease using!
 comp.lang.pascal                     Discussion about Pascal.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components   Writing components in Borland Delphi.

Dear Fellow Pascal Users,

Please let me try to help by repeating the central information about
the Pascal newsgroups' organization. This information is an edited
rendition from our

 93045 Jan 1 09:31 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

I think it will be advisable that I post this information
automatically once a week to all the pascal newsgroups to help to
keep us organized.

76. *****

 Q: What are the current Pascal newsgroups on the Usenet news?

 A: The following new Pascal newsgroups were created June 12, 1995
to replace the old comp.lang.pascal. The new Delphi newsgroups were
first created around July 10, 1995. Further Delphi newsgroups were
added in April 1996.

A special note about Delphi postings. Please use the delphi
newsgroups for the Delphi related postings. In particular, the
newsgroup comp.lang.pascal.borland is _NOT_ for Delphi related
subjects!

A second special note. Please avoid crossposting between the
newsgroups. In particular do not crosspost between the old and the
new newsgroups. It slows the transition to the new system. (This
automatic posting breaches the general non-crossposting tenet only
because it is relevant information about the arrangements of all the
newsgroups involved.)

CURRENT:
 comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso Pascal according to ANSI and ISO standards.
 comp.lang.pascal.borland  Borland's Pascal incl. Turbo Pascal (not Delphi!)
 comp.lang.pascal.mac      Macintosh based Pascals.
 comp.lang.pascal.misc     Pascal in general and ungrouped Pascals.

 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.advocacy Contentious issues related to Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.announce Delphi related announcements. (Moderated)
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc General component issues.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.usage Using pre-written components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.writing Writing Delphi components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases Database aspects of Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc General issues with Borland Delphi.
 comp.sources.delphi Delphi and ObjectPascal source code. (Moderated)

RELATED of potential interest:
comp.os.msdos.programmer.turbovision Borland's text application libraries

OLD:  Please cease using!
 comp.lang.pascal                     Discussion about Pascal.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components   Writing components in Borland Delphi.

For more information about the Pascal newsgroups please see

 52703 Jun 14 1995 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/pasgroup.zip
 pasgroup.zip Information about the comp.lang.pascal.* newsgroups

If your site is not getting the new Pascal newsgroups, please
contact your own site's newsmaster about the situation.

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:The weekly FAQ item about the Pascal newsgroups' reorganization

In article <ts9605080214.26...@reimari.uwasa.fi>, Timo Salmi (t...@reimari.uwasa.fi) writes:
>CURRENT:
> comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc General component issues.
> comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.usage Using pre-written components.
> comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.writing Writing Delphi components.
>OLD:  Please cease using!
> comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components   Writing components in Borland Delphi.

Didn't I see those "current" newsgroups being canceled a couple
days ago as they were not created in accordance to standard Usenet
procedures?  What is going on here anyway?

--
Holger Friedrich
Chemnitz, Germany

[...]

 98471 Apr 28 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers

I think it will be advisable that I post this information
automatically once a week to all the pascal newsgroups to help to
keep us organized.

76. *****

 Q: What are the current Pascal newsgroups on the Usenet news?

 A: The following new Pascal newsgroups were created June 12, 1995
[...]

Other Threads