No F2 to save? (BPW 7.0)

Well, gee whiz.  I upgraded to Borland Pascal 7.0 in recent days.
I was punching F2 every so often to save my work--or so I thought!

I quit without saving when prompted, because I wanted to revert
back to the last change.  Guess what?  2 hours down the drain!

Does anyone know how to configure the editor to 'alternate'
shortcut keys.  I'd sure like to get my F2 key working!

How 'bout Ctrl-C, X, V, Z--standard windows keys?

TIA

Re:No F2 to save? (BPW 7.0)

In article <35D7AAE6....@netins.net>, x...@netins.net wrote:
>How 'bout Ctrl-C, X, V, Z--standard windows keys?

You can configure the keyboard with the "Turbo Editor Macro Language
Compiler" (temc.exe). It uses files with extension *.tem - look for these
in you BIN-directory. The whole system is documented in temc.doc
(should be in your DOC-directory).

I did this myself to get those normal Windows keyboard shotcuts
(Ctrl-C etc.) in use in the Windows IDE. And it works, at last.

--
Low life / High tech   -   http://www.iki.fi/pemakine/
If you want to reply by E-mail, please remove the ".MAPS-ON"

Re:No F2 to save? (BPW 7.0)

In article <35D7AAE6....@netins.net>, W. D. <x...@netins.net> writes

>Well, gee whiz.  I upgraded to Borland Pascal 7.0 in recent days.
>I was punching F2 every so often to save my work--or so I thought!

>I quit without saving when prompted, because I wanted to revert
>back to the last change.  Guess what?  2 hours down the drain!

F2 works on my machine for the DOS IDE but not in the BPW IDE which you
are using. You will need to use File/Save in the BPW IDE.

In BP you can easily check if the last save was completed because the
IDE puts a * down at the bottom left of the window when the source has
been modified and this disappears when the save has been completed.

In BPW the status bar puts "modified" when the source has been changed,
which again disappears when File/Save has been done.

>Does anyone know how to configure the editor to 'alternate'
>shortcut keys.  I'd sure like to get my F2 key working!

I don't usually use BPW but ISTR that it's not possible in BPW

--
Pedt Scragg

Re:No F2 to save? (BPW 7.0)

Saving with F2 in Win95 is possible using the MACRO RECORDER form the
Windows 3.1x disks (only 16bit, but it works).
Record a macro typing ALT-F,S (german: ALT-D,S) and link it to the F2 key!

Other Threads