Error Stored Procedure (SQL server 6.5)

Hello,
When I try to execute Stored Procedure I receive the following  message:
 "The conversion from DATETIME to SMALLDATETIME result in a SMALLDATETIME
overflow error"

I am very thanked by any clue.

I am using delphi 4 with sql server 6.5.

: Flvio Monteiro Napole?o
: f...@wpoint.com.br
+---------------------------------------------

Re:Error Stored Procedure (SQL server 6.5)

The Datetime value must be within range(1/1/1900 -- 6/6/2079) in order to
convert to SmallDatetime.

Otherwise :
Select convert(Smalldatetime, '1/1/2080')
Result ==> Server: Msg 296, Level 16, State 3,...
                 The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type
resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value.

Therefore, I would trace the sp and figure out what date value it try to
convert.

HTH,

-Tommy Fung <8-)
MailTo:Tommy_F...@acm.org

Flvio Monteiro <f...@wpoint.com.br> wrote in message

> Hello,
> When I try to execute Stored Procedure I receive the following  message:
>  "The conversion from DATETIME to SMALLDATETIME result in a SMALLDATETIME
> overflow error"

> I am very thanked by any clue.

> I am using delphi 4 with sql server 6.5.

> --
> +--------------------------------------------+
> : Flvio Monteiro Napole?o
> : f...@wpoint.com.br
> +---------------------------------------------

Re:Error Stored Procedure (SQL server 6.5)

Flavio,

Did you resolve the problem?

This error is often encountered if you send your date to SQL Server as
ddmmyy when it is expecting mmddyy. Have a look in SQL Trace to see what is
happening.

Regards,
Richard

Flvio Monteiro wrote in message <89h1po$jo...@bornews.borland.com>...
>Hello,
>When I try to execute Stored Procedure I receive the following  message:
> "The conversion from DATETIME to SMALLDATETIME result in a SMALLDATETIME
>overflow error"

>I am very thanked by any clue.

>I am using delphi 4 with sql server 6.5.

>--
>: Flvio Monteiro Napole?o
>: f...@wpoint.com.br

Other Threads