no connection from BDE 5.01 to Oracle-8i-Client (Using Windows 2000)

Hello,

I have a problem using Windows 2000, BDE 5.01 with Oracle-8i-Client
8.1.7.:
No connection from BDE to Oracle is possible. I use Oracle native driver

with DLL32=SQLORA8.DLL, VENDOR INIT=OCI.DLL

I got the BDE update 5.11 (bde511ge.exe) and executed it,
but can't see any changes (the BDE shows version 5.01).

Does anybody knows what I can do to solve the problem ?

Thanks for your response.

Re:no connection from BDE 5.01 to Oracle-8i-Client (Using Windows 2000)

"No connection is possible" tells us nothing.  Are you getting error
messages?  Which ones?  BDE? Oracle? Does the SQL*Plus connection work?

John Pierce

Re:no connection from BDE 5.01 to Oracle-8i-Client (Using Windows 2000)

Sorry, I was some days offline. The connect problem is solved. There was a
problem
in the network hardware of the PC, so the connection was often lost but not
always.

But there is a BDE-error-message (10019 - bersetzungsfehler-der Wert liegt
nicht im gltigen Bereich, may be in English: Translate error, the value is
not in valid range) when I want to open
"Tables" of an Oracle8-database in SQL-Explorer. It works with an Oracle7
database.

In BdeAdmin at Configuration/Driver/Oracle are the entries:
DLL32=SQLORA8.DLL, VENDOR INIT=OCI.DLL

I'm still wondering about the BDE update 5.11 (bde511ge.exe):
I executed it but can't see any changes (the BdeAdmin shows version 5.01).

The SQLORA8.DLL is from 16.06.2000 (updated).

Klaus Schaarchmidt

Re:no connection from BDE 5.01 to Oracle-8i-Client (Using Windows 2000)

The BDE Admin has not changed in the latest version, so it doesn't
show.  Go to the configuration tab, then to configuration, right-click
and pick version.

My strong advice to anyone using Oracle is to s{*word*99} the BDE and get
Direct Oracle Access (www.allroundautomations.nl).

John Pierce

Re:no connection from BDE 5.01 to Oracle-8i-Client (Using Windows 2000)

>> Go to the configuration tab, then to configuration, right-click

      and pick version. <<
Ok, there I can see the version 5.1.1.1.

I will look at Direct Oracle Access (www.allroundautomations.nl).

Thanks !
Klaus Schaarschmidt

Other Threads