Delphi 3, Oracle ODBC Driver + Oracle 8 VARCHAR2

Hi All,

I am currently progressing in a project for University and I am experiencing
a problem with Delphi 3.0 and Oracle 8. Whenever I try to insert a record
wth VARCHAR2 data types in Oracle, I receive the error message "Inserted
value is too large for column" when this is not the case.

Also seem to be having problems inserting date values into the date data
type.
I have had to resort to storing dates as a standard CHAR type.

Any help on this would be gratefully received!

Philip Radford
philipradf...@bigfoot.com
Redruth, UK