Call was rejected by callee

I am using VBA to access MS Word. I connect using this code:

   try
      MSWord := GetActiveOleObject('Word.Application');
   except
      MSWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Application');
   end;

Sometimes I get the 'Call was rejected by callee' when I Word is not
currently running. If I repeat 2 or 3 times it eventually succeeds and then
everything is hunky dory.

Can anyone explain this?

Dave

Re:Call was rejected by callee

<<Dave Albiston:
Sometimes I get the 'Call was rejected by callee' when I Word is
not currently running.

I suspect you have Norton Antivirus installed, and need to
disable it for Office documents using one of the techniques
already described in this thread. :)

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs

Re:Call was rejected by callee

Deborah is right, but another explanation could also be the
spellingchecker...

Especially on slow computers, you'll get some garbage like "call was
rejected..." and "the spellingchecker is alreadyin use".

Try disabling the spellingchecker (autocheck while typing on the options
palette if Norton isn't the problem.

Greetings,

JM

"Dave Albiston" <dalbis...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

> I am using VBA to access MS Word. I connect using this code:

>    try
>       MSWord := GetActiveOleObject('Word.Application');
>    except
>       MSWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Application');
>    end;

> Sometimes I get the 'Call was rejected by callee' when I Word is not
> currently running. If I repeat 2 or 3 times it eventually succeeds and
then
> everything is hunky dory.

> Can anyone explain this?

> Dave

Re:Call was rejected by callee

You might also take a look at the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q238610

Mike

"MrX" <m...@blackhole.com> wrote in message news:3cb45b53$1_1@dnews...
> Deborah is right, but another explanation could also be the
> spellingchecker...

> Especially on slow computers, you'll get some garbage like "call was
> rejected..." and "the spellingchecker is alreadyin use".

> Try disabling the spellingchecker (autocheck while typing on the options
> palette if Norton isn't the problem.

> Greetings,

> JM

> "Dave Albiston" <dalbis...@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> > I am using VBA to access MS Word. I connect using this code:

> >    try
> >       MSWord := GetActiveOleObject('Word.Application');
> >    except
> >       MSWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Application');
> >    end;

> > Sometimes I get the 'Call was rejected by callee' when I Word is not
> > currently running. If I repeat 2 or 3 times it eventually succeeds and
> then
> > everything is hunky dory.

> > Can anyone explain this?

> > Dave