OLE

Hi!!

Yesterday I post an add in which I was asking for an TDdeServerConv, well, I
was told to use OLE... all I have read is about sending and retrieving
information to/from excell, word, and a long etc, but nothing about
Reflection.Are there anybody with some experience about this???, or do you
know about a place I can read some?, everything I know (read in Reflections
help) is that Reflection can communicate with Visual Basic, and don't want
to work with that. Thanks.

                                        -Italo

Re:OLE

>Yesterday I post an add in which I was asking for an TDdeServerConv, well,
>was told to use OLE... all I have read is about sending and retrieving
>information to/from excell, word, and a long etc, but nothing about
>Reflection.Are there anybody with some experience about this???, or do you
>know about a place I can read some?, everything I know (read in
Reflections
>help) is that Reflection can communicate with Visual Basic, and don't want
>to work with that. Thanks.

I don't know anything about Reflection, but if it's an Automation server
(and presumably it is, if you can communicate with it via Visual Basic),
then you should be able to communicate with it using Delphi, as well. The
Reflection documentation should tell you the methods, etc to call. If there
is a VB example that starts out "CreateObject" (or something like that),
then you're in business. Delphi can do that quite well; look in the Delphi
help for "CreateOleObject".

By the way, if Reflection is also a DDE server, then you could use DDE as
well, but Automation is generally much easier and more functional to work
with.

John

Other Threads