Multi-user with Delphi 2.0 and Paradox table 5.0

Hello,

I know it is possible to use a database-application build with Delphi
2.0 as a multi-user application but I want to know how to implement this
within Delphi.

About 5 users will access the tables.

Do I have to change my code to intercept row locking ?

Do I have to lock the row a user currently use ?

How do I install the Paradox table for multi-user ?

Please give me code examples and/or documentation reference.

Thanks in advanced,

Yvan Lussier, R&D
Algo Design inc.

Re:Multi-user with Delphi 2.0 and Paradox table 5.0

>I know it is possible to use a database-application build with Delphi
>2.0 as a multi-user application but I want to know how to implement this
>within Delphi.

>About 5 users will access the tables.

>Do I have to change my code to intercept row locking ?

No

>Do I have to lock the row a user currently use ?

No

When you call EDIT  a lock will be placed on the current record.  If
the lock fails because another user has it locked then edit will fail
As long as your application consists of data aware controles and users
enter data into it the default behavior will work quite well in a
mulit user application.
When you write code to change records in a ttable what you have to
code for is the behavior you want when EDIT fails because another user
has the record locked

>How do I install the Paradox table for multi-user ?

Tables are always ready for mulit user access.  What you need to do is
in the BDE config where you need to have a network control file
location set and for all networks except Novell Local share must be
true.  All users sharing tables must use the same network control
file.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com