key violation error

Hi, I'm writing a program in 3.0, it reads in records from an ascii
table and inserts them into a paradox table.

When I do a table.post, if I get a key violation error, what am I
supposed to do with it?  In paradox, I would write

if not table.postrecord then table.deleterecord.

I tried this and it started deleting existing records.  how do I get it
just to ignore the table.post command if it raises a key violation
error?

Jack.

Re:key violation error

Simply handle the exception - the rocord won't post and execution will not be
interrupted

Charles Johnson

Other Threads