Why Doesn't TTable.Refresh Work Here?

Here is what is probably a very simple question.

I have two applications on a network accessing the same Paradox file.
When one application changes the data in a record, the other application
only displays the updated data if the table is closed and then
subsequently opened.

MyTable.Refresh has no effect.

What is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Bobby Zurer  Blue Star Mechanical, Inc.
Voice (718)643-0878 Fax (718)643-0059

Re:Why Doesn't TTable.Refresh Work Here?

The posted records are being held in a cache until the table is closed or
the cache is full. Until that moment posted records are not visible to other
users.

Create a DoAfterPost-event and put following code in it:
dbiSaveChanges(Table1.Handle);

Als put BDE in your uses-part.

Timo

Robert Zurer wrote in message <3543CFBE.99247...@emedia.net>...
>Here is what is probably a very simple question.

>I have two applications on a network accessing the same Paradox file.
>When one application changes the data in a record, the other application
>only displays the updated data if the table is closed and then
>subsequently opened.

>MyTable.Refresh has no effect.

>What is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>--
>Bobby Zurer  Blue Star Mechanical, Inc.
>Voice (718)643-0878 Fax (718)643-0059
>email: blues...@emedia.net
>http://home.dti.net/bluestar/bluestar.html

Re:Why Doesn't TTable.Refresh Work Here?

Thaks Timo for your answer.

Other Threads