Please Confirm: MS-SQL/ODBC/D3

Could some one please just let me know if they have gotten
Delphi 3.0 Pro, MS-SQL Server 6.5 working via ODBC?

I am getting a General Protection Fault that appears
to be in idapi32.dll.  It is VERY repeatable, I can
get it to crash whenever I do a certain task.  The
task seems benign enough - it simply refreshes the
TTable because its filter changed (using OnFilterRecord).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance,
-Ben Ziegler
bzieg...@radix.net

Re:Please Confirm: MS-SQL/ODBC/D3

bzieg...@Radix.Net (Ben Ziegler) wrote:

>Could some one please just let me know if they have gotten
>Delphi 3.0 Pro, MS-SQL Server 6.5 working via ODBC?

I am having no problems with this combination.  Questions:

1)  Does Paradox, etc. databases work?
2)  Are you sure you are not mixing BDE 3.X and the BDE 4.0 that comes with D
3.0? (IE: do you have multiple copies of the IDAPI dlls on your machine?)
3)  Can you access the SQL database using the database desktop?

>I am getting a General Protection Fault that appears
>to be in idapi32.dll.  It is VERY repeatable, I can
>get it to crash whenever I do a certain task.  The
>task seems benign enough - it simply refreshes the
>TTable because its filter changed (using OnFilterRecord).

>Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance,
>-Ben Ziegler
>bzieg...@radix.net

Thomas Hill, dba t.h.ink Software
email: hi...@ionet.net
wwww: http://www.ionet.net/~hillt
(Check out the IIS ISAPI extention DLL examples at my Web site)
---------
"Being politically correct means always saying you're sorry"

Other Threads