ANNOUNCE: low-cost non-profit CD

John English wrote:

> BURKS (the Brighton University Resource Kit for Students) is a non-profit
> Aimed at Computer Science students, it provides around 1.1Gb of material

Unsolicited comment.

This must be one of the most amazing collections of material available,
and at almost
no cost - the 2 CD set is sold at a very low price of 5 GBR.  I'd urge
all educators to take a careful look and to support this project, by
getting themselves a copy.  I obtained version 2 last year, and have
just obtained version 3, which is even better.  There is a mass, not
only of software, but also of tutorials and reference materials, and a
huge collection of useful links to many other sites and resources.

--
Pat Terry   c...@cs.ru.ac.za
Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa

Re:ANNOUNCE: low-cost non-profit CD

Pat Terry heeft geschreven in bericht <364143FB.3AFDF...@cs.ru.ac.za>...

>John English wrote:

>> BURKS (the Brighton University Resource Kit for Students) is a non-profit
>> Aimed at Computer Science students, it provides around 1.1Gb of material

>Unsolicited comment.

>This must be one of the most amazing collections of material available,
>and at almost
>no cost - the 2 CD set is sold at a very low price of 5 GBR.  I'd urge
>all educators to take a careful look and to support this project, by
>getting themselves a copy.  I obtained version 2 last year, and have
>just obtained version 3, which is even better.  There is a mass, not
>only of software, but also of tutorials and reference materials, and a
>huge collection of useful links to many other sites and resources.

>> The entire collection is available online at http://burks.bton.ac.uk/.
>> Pascal and Delphi material is at

http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/language/pascal/.

>> Ordering information (including shipping costs to various destinations)
>> is also available online (at http://burks.bton.ac.uk/ordering.htm).

>--
>Pat Terry   c...@cs.ru.ac.za
>Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
>+27-46-603-8292 (voice) +27-46-636-1195 (FAX)

I missed to original announcement, But I'll run to the site to buy me a new
copy. The last version is grey, because of the usage.

It's a great general resource.

Other Threads