Re:Multilanguage application

In article <6dgfiq$...@news.u-strasbg.fr>, kippeurt laurent
<kippe...@pascal.u-strasbg.fr> writes

>Hello,

>       I research some information about
>       composants or tools to build a
>       multilanguage application...

>       Thank's a lot

Borland has just released for sale the tools they developed for
in-house use when creating international versions of Delphi.

It's not cheap - on the mailer I got the price was about 1200 uk
pounds.
--
Jeremy Collins

Re:Multilanguage application

Jeremy
I have just looked on the web site for details of these tools and cannot
find any.  All I can find are some adverts for the various companies that
produce tools for this purpose.  Could you point me in the direction where
I could find out some infromation on the Borland tools?
Thanks.
Paul.

Jeremy Collins <j...@jcollins.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<2dvEPEAqJF$0E...@jcollins.demon.co.uk>...

> In article <6dgfiq$...@news.u-strasbg.fr>, kippeurt laurent
> <kippe...@pascal.u-strasbg.fr> writes
> >Hello,

> >       I research some information about
> >       composants or tools to build a
> >       multilanguage application...

> >       Thank's a lot

> Borland has just released for sale the tools they developed for
> in-house use when creating international versions of Delphi.

> It's not cheap - on the mailer I got the price was about 1200 uk
> pounds.
> --
> Jeremy Collins

Re:Multilanguage application

I've evaluated a few tools but not actually bought any as yet.  I think I'll
eventually go for one Borland's own products...

There are 2 Borland tools designed for use with Delphi 3:

1. Delphi Translation Suite (approx. 1700 UK pounds)
2. Delphi Language Pack  (approx. 150 UK pounds)

There are also 3rd party tools available :

1. Multilanguage Suite
http://www.innoview.fi

2. Localizator for Delphi 3
http://www.clexpert.cz/software/localize/english

Hope this helps

Andrew Jackson
ajack...@cccgroup.co.uk

Paul Jones wrote in message <01bd4751$cc421d90$0115baaf@paulj>...
>Jeremy
>I have just looked on the web site for details of these tools and cannot
>find any.  All I can find are some adverts for the various companies that
>produce tools for this purpose.  Could you point me in the direction where
>I could find out some infromation on the Borland tools?
>Thanks.
>Paul.

>Jeremy Collins <j...@jcollins.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
><2dvEPEAqJF$0E...@jcollins.demon.co.uk>...
>> In article <6dgfiq$...@news.u-strasbg.fr>, kippeurt laurent
>> <kippe...@pascal.u-strasbg.fr> writes
>> >Hello,

>> >       I research some information about
>> >       composants or tools to build a
>> >       multilanguage application...

>> >       Thank's a lot

>> Borland has just released for sale the tools they developed for
>> in-house use when creating international versions of Delphi.

>> It's not cheap - on the mailer I got the price was about 1200 uk
>> pounds.
>> --
>> Jeremy Collins

Re:Multilanguage application

You may want to take a look at the Delphi package "TMultiLang".
It consists of a component and an IDE-add in expert.

You will find more information at www.preview.org/e/mlang.shtml .. see a
FAQ, user feedback and more.

You can download a fully functional version and see how you can translate an
application within one day.

Write me (ptiem...@preview.org) if you have more questions,

Peter Tiemann

kippeurt laurent wrote in message <6dgfiq$...@news.u-strasbg.fr>...
>Hello,

> I research some information about
> composants or tools to build a
> multilanguage application...

[..]

Re:Multilanguage application

Hi there,

I had the same problem some ages ;) ago and after a search of months I
programmed it all by myself ... and actually it is very very simple.

I have a database with three fields :
language,
field,
translation

When I show a screen I search the name of the field (together with the
language offcourse), and I put in the caption of that field the value of the
translation field!!!! What I also do is when the clients clicks with his right
mouse button on a label (or something else), I create a form where he can
translate the field himself!!!! Now after years my program is translated in
more then 6 languages, and the good thing about this is I did'nt do any
translations at all!!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Eddy,

In article <01bd4751$cc421d90$0115baaf@paulj>,
  "Paul Jones" <pa...@profund.com> wrote:

> Jeremy
> I have just looked on the web site for details of these tools and cannot
> find any.  All I can find are some adverts for the various companies that
> produce tools for this purpose.  Could you point me in the direction where
> I could find out some infromation on the Borland tools?
> Thanks.
> Paul.

> Jeremy Collins <j...@jcollins.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
> <2dvEPEAqJF$0E...@jcollins.demon.co.uk>...
> > In article <6dgfiq$...@news.u-strasbg.fr>, kippeurt laurent
> > <kippe...@pascal.u-strasbg.fr> writes
> > >Hello,

> > >       I research some information about
> > >       composants or tools to build a
> > >       multilanguage application...

> > >       Thank's a lot

> > Borland has just released for sale the tools they developed for
> > in-house use when creating international versions of Delphi.

> > It's not cheap - on the mailer I got the price was about 1200 uk
> > pounds.
> > --
> > Jeremy Collins

Re:Multilanguage application

Yeah, I did it similar:
One Table with language definition and language code
One Table with text and language code and an id wich is common to all
translations of a text
Search for a text gives you the id which in turn leads you via the language
code to the translation.
So you can have different traslations at the same time.

I programmed a hidden object, which, at creation time collects all labels
and captions and menu-items and tries to translate them (if the original
text is not found, it is inserted).
The object has a method for translating text, so can do something like
MessageBox(Translate(sText), Translate(sTitle))

Every change in the form is automatically updated in the table. Just drop
the object on the form.

Greetings from Vienna,
Bernd.

Other Threads