Board index » delphi » VB5 breaks Delphi2 program

VB5 breaks Delphi2 program

I have just installed Visual Basic 5 and find that it has broken a program
compiled using Delphi v2.01 which uses the RichEdit component.  When
resizing the application window, the text does not always redraw properly.

The culprit is an updated version of riched32.dll (dated 13/1/97, file
version 4.00.993.4)

Gordon McNeil
g...@globalnet.co.uk
(Please use e-mail address given above if replying by e-mail)

 

Re:VB5 breaks Delphi2 program


Quote
Gordon McNeil (n...@spam.co.uk) wrote:

: I have just installed Visual Basic 5 and find that it has broken a program
: compiled using Delphi v2.01 which uses the RichEdit component.  When
: resizing the application window, the text does not always redraw properly.

: The culprit is an updated version of riched32.dll (dated 13/1/97, file
: version 4.00.993.4)

Micro$oft does it again!  Why doesn't this surprise me?
Hope you have a backup of that DLL file you need.

It amazes me how many people will still load the newest
Micro$oft software as soon as it comes out, rather than
being cautious and waiting for the bug reports.  When I
recently called IBM technical support, one of the voice
prompts was "Press '1' if you have a problem with an
installation of Internet Explorer 4..."
--
============================================================
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net
============================================================

Re:VB5 breaks Delphi2 program


Quote
>  When I
>recently called IBM technical support, one of the voice
>prompts was "Press '1' if you have a problem with an
>installation of Internet Explorer 4..."
>--

<BG>

On that subject, I upgraded my PC for *free* this weekend. The speed
increase is remarkable. What did I do? Simply uninstalled IE4. Try it -
you won't be disappointed.
--
Jeremy Collins

Re:VB5 breaks Delphi2 program


Quote
Richard Carter wrote:

> Gordon McNeil (n...@spam.co.uk) wrote:
> : I have just installed Visual Basic 5 and find that it has broken a program
> : compiled using Delphi v2.01 which uses the RichEdit component.  When
> : resizing the application window, the text does not always redraw properly.

> : The culprit is an updated version of riched32.dll (dated 13/1/97, file
> : version 4.00.993.4)

> Micro$oft does it again!  Why doesn't this surprise me?
> Hope you have a backup of that DLL file you need.

Sure, and if you reinstall the old dll, probably VB5 *won't* work.
It wouldn't be the first time they do this

Dirk.

--

Other Threads