Context Sensitive Help

Is there any documenation on  how to create context sensitive help?
Right now I give a control a help context which is also in the help
file.  But when you press F1 (while over the control), you get an
error message about the help not being found.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Eric

Re:Context Sensitive Help

Eric
Try the program "Creating Windows Help" in the Delphi program group.

Tuan Pham

Eric Weiss wrote:

> Is there any documenation on  how to create context sensitive help?
> Right now I give a control a help context which is also in the help
> file.  But when you press F1 (while over the control), you get an
> error message about the help not being found.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks.

> Eric

Re:Context Sensitive Help

Did you set the help file on the application page of Options|Project (D1)
or Project|Options (D2) ?

Ron.

--
Ron Loewy, HyperAct, Inc. +1 (515) 987 2910  | rlo...@hyperact.com
Authoring tools and Delphi components - try us!

Re:Context Sensitive Help

In article <325178EA.1...@winchendon.com> Eric Weiss <ewe...@winchendon.com> writes:
>From: Eric Weiss <ewe...@winchendon.com>
>Subject: Context Sensitive Help
>Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 16:02:50 -0400
>Is there any documenation on  how to create context sensitive help?
>Right now I give a control a help context which is also in the help
>file.  But when you press F1 (while over the control), you get an
>error message about the help not being found.
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks.
>Eric

Eric:

The name of the help file must be specified as a project option.  Each topic
that you want to be context sensitive must have a help context number which
can be specified for one or more objects in your delphi program.

You will need a program to make the help file - there are many out there.  I'm
using one called Help Writer's Assistant from Olson Software.  You can
download a demo version from  their site or from www.hyperact.com who
distributes it in North America.

Let me know if you need more info.

-Dave
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Dave Krajcar
Before Oct 30:  krajc...@ohsu.edu; after Oct 30:  rai...@pacifier.com

Re:Context Sensitive Help

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions on how to implement
context sensitive help in Delphi.  It turns out that my problem
was that I did not realize that I had to map from the Delphi
helpcontext numbers to Help context strings in the Help Project File.
Delphi For Dummies even gives the impression that all you have to
do is use the helpcontext number, but most other books do not mention
context sensitive help.

I guess I'm primitive (cheap) enough that I am using my word
processor (WP 7.0) and saving the help files in RTF.  The funny
footnotes are a pain, but a small cheat sheet and I'm up and writing.
For me, it beats learning another package.  But for writing Web pages
I'm using Netscape Gold and my old favorite text editor vi, so I
know this is not for everyone.

Thanks again.

Eric
ewe...@winchendon.com