Memo Fields in MS SQL 6.5

Hello "Delphi Friends "
I have a big problem here :

I make an app with Delphi 3 C/S, MS SQL 6.5. I use Memo Fields ( text in MS
SQL ).
The app runs ok in my Win  95 workstation and in my Win NT 4.0 server
without problems. When I send the app to my client, he wants to use in a
Win NT 4.0 Server and I have a "GENERAL SQL ERROR" message.
After many hours watching the app with SQL TRACE, I detect when a SQL
command "Read text" is executed, I found the message.
The BDE Admin. is equal in my NT server and my client NT server, the app is
the same, the database is equal.

After many "battles " try to fix this problem, I decide change the Text
Fields to Varchar Fields. My app runs ok now, but I thing it's not a good
exit.
I someone can help how I can config the MS SQL to work with Text Fields ...
My first name is Abimael and I wrote from Brazil.

Thanks

Re:Memo Fields in MS SQL 6.5

zen wrote in message <01bd9f68$ef554540$0eb5e...@localhost.super.com>...
>I make an app with Delphi 3 C/S, MS SQL 6.5. I use Memo Fields ( text in MS
>SQL ).
>The app runs ok in my Win  95 workstation and in my Win NT 4.0 server
>without problems. When I send the app to my client, he wants to use in a
>Win NT 4.0 Server and I have a "GENERAL SQL ERROR" message.
>After many hours watching the app with SQL TRACE, I detect when a SQL
>command "Read text" is executed, I found the message.

We have a similar setup and experienced similar problems.  The solution
seems to be installing MSSQLServer Service Pack 4 -- you can get it from
the Microsoft site.

Hope this helps,
William
--