Server Exception: Call was rejected by callee

Hi,

I'm trying to print a WordDocument from Delphi. But 8 out of 10 times I get
a Server Exception: Call was rejected bij callee.

The problem is, that printing has started. There is a document with status
Printing in the Printermanager from Windows.

When the exception occurs sometimes Delphi jumps to Word97.pas and sets the
breakpoint on the Result line:

function  TWordApplication.Get_Documents: Documents;
begin
  Result := DefaultInterface.Documents;
end;

My Delphi code looks like:

var
  lBackground : OleVariant;
begin
lBackGround := FALSE;

FWordApplication.ActiveDocument.PrintOut(lBackGround, EmptyParam,
EmptyParam,
    EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam,
    EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam, EmptyParam);

end;

Does anyone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Alex van den Berg

Re:Server Exception: Call was rejected by callee

Do you have any Anti - Virus installed ?

--
-
Brian Slack LL.B LL.M
"Alex van den Berg" <A...@TopDelphi.nl> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm trying to print a WordDocument from Delphi. But 8 out of 10 times I
get
> a Server Exception: Call was rejected bij callee.

Re:Server Exception: Call was rejected by callee

Yes,

McAfee. Why........... ?

Perhaps I should mention that after the error, the only way to close Word is
bij terminating the process.

Alex

"Brian Slack" <newsgro...@depicus.no2spam.com> wrote in message

> Do you have any Anti - Virus installed ?

> --
> -
> Brian Slack LL.B LL.M
> www.depicus.com
> "Alex van den Berg" <A...@TopDelphi.nl> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I'm trying to print a WordDocument from Delphi. But 8 out of 10 times I
> get
> > a Server Exception: Call was rejected bij callee.

Re:Server Exception: Call was rejected by callee

I read somewhere that some anti virus programs install a com addin that is
to put it bluntly shit and causes all sorts of problems. I would take a look
at trying to disable this com addin and see how you get on.

--
-

> Yes,

> McAfee. Why........... ?

> Perhaps I should mention that after the error, the only way to close Word
is
> bij terminating the process.

> Alex

> "Brian Slack" <newsgro...@depicus.no2spam.com> wrote in message
> > Do you have any Anti - Virus installed ?

> > --
> > -
> > Brian Slack LL.B LL.M
> > www.depicus.com
> > "Alex van den Berg" <A...@TopDelphi.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hi,

> > > I'm trying to print a WordDocument from Delphi. But 8 out of 10 times
> > get
> > > a Server Exception: Call was rejected bij callee.

Re:Server Exception: Call was rejected by callee

Thanks for the tip, put I do hope that it isn't the problem....

I'm building an application to generate standard letters for the hospital
I'm working for. Every computer has this virusscan software installed. Given
the fact that we are talking about 2000 to 3000 potential client
computers.....

So that would be a big problem.....

> I read somewhere that some anti virus programs install a com addin that is
> to put it bluntly shit and causes all sorts of problems. I would take a
look
> at trying to disable this com addin and see how you get on.

> --
> -
> Brian Slack LL.B LL.M
> www.depicus.com
> "Alex van den Berg" <A...@TopDelphi.nl> wrote in message
> > Yes,

> > McAfee. Why........... ?

> > Perhaps I should mention that after the error, the only way to close
Word
> is
> > bij terminating the process.

> > Alex

> > "Brian Slack" <newsgro...@depicus.no2spam.com> wrote in message
> > > Do you have any Anti - Virus installed ?

> > > --
> > > -
> > > Brian Slack LL.B LL.M
> > > www.depicus.com