Sybase SA Borland native drivers

Is there anybody who works with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases (v. 5 or 6)?
Help if you know. Does Borland have native drivers for Sybase SA v.5 or ASA
v.6 (not for System11 or as it calls now ASE, these bases have there native
drivers included in BDE).

Thanks for advance.

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

Borland's solution for SQL Anywhere 5 or 6 is ODBC through the BDE.
There are third party ODBC components that bypass the BDE, such as
ODBC98 and ODBC Express. If you don't want to use ODBC, a lower-level
tool that has been getting praise from Delphi developers is NativeDB,
http://www.nativedb.com/.

  Richard

Konstantin Khripkov wrote:

> Is there anybody who works with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases (v. 5 or 6)?
> Help if you know. Does Borland have native drivers for Sybase SA v.5 or ASA
> v.6 (not for System11 or as it calls now ASE, these bases have there native
> drivers included in BDE).

> Thanks for advance.

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

No, I meant the native Borland drivers. Liodden's product is rather good,
but it's not yet working properly with databases written in non-US codepage,
I've already talk with them, but their current version still doesn't work
with it. And ODBC Express is too hard to convert existing projects.

> Borland's solution for SQL Anywhere 5 or 6 is ODBC through the BDE.
> There are third party ODBC components that bypass the BDE, such as
> ODBC98 and ODBC Express. If you don't want to use ODBC, a lower-level
> tool that has been getting praise from Delphi developers is NativeDB,
> http://www.nativedb.com/.

>   Richard

> Konstantin Khripkov wrote:

> > Is there anybody who works with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases (v. 5 or
6)?
> > Help if you know. Does Borland have native drivers for Sybase SA v.5 or
ASA
> > v.6 (not for System11 or as it calls now ASE, these bases have there
native
> > drivers included in BDE).

> > Thanks for advance.

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

Borland does not offer a native driver for SQL Anywhere.
Konstantin Khripkov wrote:

> No, I meant the native Borland drivers. Liodden's product is rather good,
> but it's not yet working properly with databases written in non-US codepage,
> I've already talk with them, but their current version still doesn't work
> with it. And ODBC Express is too hard to convert existing projects.

> > Borland's solution for SQL Anywhere 5 or 6 is ODBC through the BDE.
> > There are third party ODBC components that bypass the BDE, such as
> > ODBC98 and ODBC Express. If you don't want to use ODBC, a lower-level
> > tool that has been getting praise from Delphi developers is NativeDB,
> > http://www.nativedb.com/.

> >   Richard

> > Konstantin Khripkov wrote:

> > > Is there anybody who works with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases (v. 5 or
> 6)?
> > > Help if you know. Does Borland have native drivers for Sybase SA v.5 or
> ASA
> > > v.6 (not for System11 or as it calls now ASE, these bases have there
> native
> > > drivers included in BDE).

> > > Thanks for advance.

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

> If you don't want to use ODBC, a lower-level tool
> that has been getting praise from Delphi developers
> is NativeDB, http://www.nativedb.com/.

Very pricey....

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

>Very pricey....

About the the same price as ODBCExpress, but much
faster and specially designed for SQL Anywhere.
We got a lot of goodies for the money with NDB! :)
And great support!

L.Z.

Re:Sybase SA Borland native drivers

>but it's not yet working properly with databases written in non-US

codepage,

They're last version works perfect for us converting local OEM characters
to ANSI.
Have you tried NDB 1.83?

L.Z.

Other Threads