Random Number Generator Source Code?

I am working on a program to calculate the depletion of the ozone layer
for a computing competition. In this I want a certain degree of
randomness in the calculations.  I'm trying to integrade a Random Number
Generator, but the program (QSORT) won't serve my purposes. If anyone
has any good RNG code please e-mail it to me at bblak...@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Re:Random Number Generator Source Code?

Ben Blakely <william.blak...@mcleodusa.net> wrote:
>I am working on a program to calculate the depletion of the ozone layer
>for a computing competition. In this I want a certain degree of
>randomness in the calculations.  I'm trying to integrade a Random Number
>Generator, but the program (QSORT) won't serve my purposes. If anyone
>has any good RNG code please e-mail it to me at bblak...@yahoo.com.

Why not use the built-in random function?  QSort is for sorting
- not generating random numbers.

Jud McCranie

Re:Random Number Generator Source Code?

You need something useful, more than RAND can do for you.
I too looked at code for years, then wrote what I call
the "probability generator". it's fantastic, and the only thing like it.
unfortunately I've moved it into my "commercial" software section where
I develop
programs and apps that I sell, so I can no longer give it away for free.
(sigh).

Dan.

Ben Blakely wrote:

> I am working on a program to calculate the depletion of the ozone layer
> for a computing competition. In this I want a certain degree of
> randomness in the calculations.  I'm trying to integrade a Random Number
> Generator, but the program (QSORT) won't serve my purposes. If anyone
> has any good RNG code please e-mail it to me at bblak...@yahoo.com.

> Thanks

Re:Random Number Generator Source Code?

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:43:31 -0400, "GAHLINGER, DAN"

<dan.gahlin...@bell.ca> wrote:
> You need something useful, more than RAND can do for you.
> I too looked at code for years, then wrote what I call
> the "probability generator". it's fantastic, and the only thing like it.
> unfortunately I've moved it into my "commercial" software section where
> I develop
> programs and apps that I sell, so I can no longer give it away for free.

Interesting.

How is the weather up there ? And you sister ?

Regards
Horst

Other Threads