Mouse driver for high resolution

Does anybody know a mouse driver capable of handling
screen resolutions of 640x480 or more with 256 colors
or more, under DOS?

Re:Mouse driver for high resolution

>Does anybody know a mouse driver capable of handling
>screen resolutions of 640x480 or more with 256 colors
>or more, under DOS?

If you meant a unit which supports this, then download
grafx.zip from my homepage (under sourcecode). The
included unit supports both windows cur and ani-format.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Frederic wrote:

> Does anybody know a mouse driver capable of handling
> screen resolutions of 640x480 or more with 256 colors
> or more, under DOS?

Look at

http://kyuss.artis.uni-oldenburg.de/infopool/vIRTUAL_tECHNOLOGIES-Fil...
for steuer.zip
This files includes a mousedriver for the videotoolkits (also in this
directory) which
support 320x200, 640x400, 640x480 az 256 Colours and 320x200 and 640x480
at 64k Colours!

Ansgar
--
  KYUSS! Welcome to sky valley...
    http://kyuss.artis.uni-oldenburg.de/

Re:Mouse driver for high resolution

Ansgar Scherp napisa3(a) w wiadomo?ci:
<357AF8DE.6A60A...@Artis.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>...

>Frederic wrote:

>> Does anybody know a mouse driver capable of handling
>> screen resolutions of 640x480 or more with 256 colors
>> or more, under DOS?
>Look at

>http://kyuss.artis.uni-oldenburg.de/infopool/vIRTUAL_tECHNOLOGIES-Fil...
lkits_source/
>for steuer.zip
>This files includes a mousedriver for the videotoolkits (also in this
>directory) which
>support 320x200, 640x400, 640x480 az 256 Colours and 320x200 and 640x480
>at 64k Colours!

>Ansgar
>--
>  KYUSS! Welcome to sky valley...
>    http://kyuss.artis.uni-oldenburg.de/

How I can use this driver?
Is in steuer.zip missing files?
Tp shows Errors...
Please Help...

Re:Mouse driver for high resolution

I had lots of trouble with my mouse in hi-res. modes, mostly because my
existing mouse handler was reporting data from the Lou res-mode
so I couldn't move the pointer outside the 320x200 box.  Now you probably
shouldn't listen to me as others are going to point you towards other much
more friendly routines that will switch the mouse to a hi-res. mode or
whatever.  Here
is what I did.

create a page index ( index:integer)

Imagine the screen made of 320x200 pages
[1][2]
[3][4]
[5][6]

since the number of pages is small writing the
routines in full wont take much time
if the mouse is at 319x or 199y then set the
mouse to either 1x or 1y  and increase the page
index to a appropriate value doing the reverse
for the case of 0x OR 0y ( remembering to set
 to 318 or 198- otherwise the program will send the mouse back where it
came from)

you can then draw the mouse cursor at its position plus whatever page the
mouse is in

include these calculation in the getmouseposition
procedure and transparency will be maintained

Yes you may have guessed that I use a sprite for
my mouse cursor, I gave up on overcoming the
flickering cursor problem when I was just starting
out and haven't changed my mouse handling routines since ( Humm)

other methods such as using multiplication's result in a loss of pointer
resolution.

As I said there are probably better methods but this is bug free works and
inserts neatly into my
existing library.

--
Said the spider, "My pretty little tasty thing, you think you will go to
hell?  Whatever makes you hink your alive?"

Stefan Goehler <stefan.goeh...@Pgmx.de> wrote in article
<3575a33...@news.uni-rostock.de>...

Daylieen Theyalas wrote in message <01bd55f4$b7c27e80$0100007f@daylieen>...

>I had lots of trouble with my mouse in hi-res. modes, mostly because my
>existing mouse handler was reporting data from the Lou res-mode
>so I couldn't move the pointer outside the 320x200 box.  Now you probably
>shouldn't listen to me as others are going to point you towards other much
>more friendly routines that will switch the mouse to a hi-res. mode or
>whatever.
> [snip]

The page method seems better than multiplying the coordinates, for sure. But
my question is this: In my programs, I use Intr($33) to control the mouse,
and this works well in all resolutions I have tested (up to 1280x1024), but
since other people seem to have problems, I am wondering whether this code
will still work when I distribute the compiled programs to other people (who
may not be using the same mouse driver that I am)

--
Lors, Paradice Software
Christchurch, New Zealand

Re:Mouse driver for high resolution

Lors <parad...@thevortex.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<898388542.528...@newsch.es.co.nz>...

> Daylieen Theyalas wrote in message <01bd55f4$b7c27e80$0100007f@daylieen>...

> >I had lots of trouble with my mouse in hi-res. modes, mostly because my
> >existing mouse handler was reporting data from the Lou res-mode
> >so I couldn't move the pointer outside the 320x200 box.  Now you probably
> >shouldn't listen to me as others are going to point you towards other much
> >more friendly routines that will switch the mouse to a hi-res. mode or
> >whatever.
> > [snip]

> The page method seems better than multiplying the coordinates, for sure.
But
> my question is this: In my programs, I use Intr($33) to control the mouse,
> and this works well in all resolutions I have tested (up to 1280x1024), but
> since other people seem to have problems, I am wondering whether this code
> will still work when I distribute the compiled programs to other people
(who
> may not be using the same mouse driver that I am)

I think thew problem lies in the way people use the Intr($33): if the mouse
driver is inizialized BEFORE (!!!) the video mode, the mouse driver will set
the limits and some granularity for text mode, so the mouse response and is
bad. However, by initializein gthe mouse AFTER the video mode and setting the
screen limits via two Intr($33) calls everything works fine!

Now many people are using mouse units which automatically initialize, e.g.
with initlialization code in the "begin end." part of the unit. Graphics
units, however, are usually initialized by a separate call. This makes that
the mentionned order CANNOT be done, bnot even by putting the mouse unit
after the graphics unit in the uses part. The only solution is to take a
better mouse unit, or to tewak the mouse unit by re-initializing the unit
with a direct Intr($33)-Call.

--
Arsne von Wyss - avonw...@gmx.net
| Pascal, Delphi & Personal stuff: http://www.beaulieu-software.ch/avonwyss |