Help authoring tools?

Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

Thanks,

Al Cohen

Re:Help authoring tools?

Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote in article
<33078B76....@compuserve.com>...

> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

We are about to release a documentation tool which does exactly this,
contact me for more information, or a beta version.

Regards,
Jarle stabell

Re:Help authoring tools?

On 17 Feb 1997 09:03:24 GMT, "Jarle stabell" <jarle.sta...@dokpro.uio.no> may
have written:

>Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote in article
><33078B76....@compuserve.com>...
>> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
>> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

>We are about to release a documentation tool which does exactly this,
>contact me for more information, or a beta version.

>Regards,
>Jarle stabell

Help Scribble looks like a good tool. It is shareware - see
http://www.tornado.be/~johnfg/ for information.
There are a number of commercial tools available as well as other shareware
tools that can be found in the usual places (as can the above.)

dick MacDonald
{*word*106}mac@(delete this to reply)fastservice.com
The extra info is included to foil the automated collection 'bots.

Re:Help authoring tools?

Richard MacDonald <dick...@fastservice.com> wrote in article
<330d9467.159833...@news.dimensional.com>...

> On 17 Feb 1997 09:03:24 GMT, "Jarle stabell" <jarle.sta...@dokpro.uio.no>
may
> have written:

> >Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote in article
> ><33078B76....@compuserve.com>...
> >> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring
help
> >> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

> >We are about to release a documentation tool which does exactly this,
> >contact me for more information, or a beta version.

> >Regards,
> >Jarle stabell

> Help Scribble looks like a good tool. It is shareware - see
> http://www.tornado.be/~johnfg/ for information.
> There are a number of commercial tools available as well as other
shareware
> tools that can be found in the usual places (as can the above.)

Yes, there are many tools available for writing (general) help files.
Our tool is specialized for making help files for/about [large] libraries
of Delphi code.

>{*word*106}mac@(delete this to reply)fastservice.com
> The extra info is included to foil the automated collection 'bots.

Does it work?

Regards,
Jarle stabell

Re:Help authoring tools?

<<Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote in
article
<33078B76....@compuserve.com>...

> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

<<
Try
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dinobyte

for AutoHelp which is *very* cool.
  E-mail from: Steve Garland,Hyper Logic Resource Group
  Hyper Bill of Materials (HBOM), Manufacturing Scheduling System (MSS)   (English & Spanish)
  Delphi Corel Visual CADD (tm)Component (HVCADD)- View and Manipulate AutoCAD (c) DWG Files
  Offices in Boise, Idaho USA & Caracas,Venezuela <rep...@etheron.net>
  http://netnow.micron.net/~sgarland

Re:Help authoring tools?

Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote:

>Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
>files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?
>Thanks,

I use HelpScribble (Shareware)

----------------------------- * ---------------------------------
                     eugst...@centralnet.ch
                        Pascal Eugster
                         Switzerland
----------------------------- * ---------------------------------

Re:Help authoring tools?

Help Magician Pro

Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote in article
<33078B76....@compuserve.com>...

> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

> Thanks,

> Al Cohen

Re:Help authoring tools?

Pascal Eugster wrote:

> Boston Medical Technologies <71177....@compuserve.com> wrote:

> >Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
> >files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

> >Thanks,

> I use HelpScribble (Shareware)

I'll second that. I haven't registered it (YET), but it was the
best I could find on the web. Even the latest version I could
find had a bug or two in it, but I really like the user
interface.

                   Brent DeShazer , Senior Consultant
                    Mid-America Technology Solutions
                            (913) 357-6310
                 mat...@idir.net or www.idir.net/~mats29

Re:Help authoring tools?

Boston Medical Technologies wrote:

> Any suggestions on tools or techniques for automating the authoring help
> files for the classes and components that one builds with Delphi?

Here is one for the very first WinHelp tool I ever used and it is about
$20.00 to $30.00 for a single user. Not bad really. It is a big macro
for Word. Go to:

http://mindlink.net/Ed_Guy/helllp.html

Take care,

Dennis

--
The Cleveland Browns Live!!!!! Expansion Only!!!
http://southland.net/users/dpobrien/browns

Other Threads