am i using kylix or delphi?

If i press f1 for a topic, i can choose between the delphi or kylix help
version. But I have only
Delphi installed, i dont know where at hell this kylix come from. I promise
that I will use
it some day, but can it be switched off till then?

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

"Friedrich Buschmann" wrote:
> If i press f1 for a topic, i can choose between the delphi or kylix help
> version.

Mine has an option of CLX or non-CLX, both of which can apply to Delphi.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

> Mine has an option of CLX or non-CLX, both of which can apply to Delphi.

You can switch of clx ? where?

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

"Friedrich Buschmann" wrote:
> > Mine has an option of CLX or non-CLX, both of which can apply to Delphi.

> You can switch of clx ? where?

I didn't say that, however yes, you can.

See Rudy's reply.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

In article <aorch1$45c$0...@news.t-online.com>, Friedrich Buschmann
says...

> > Mine has an option of CLX or non-CLX, both of which can apply to Delphi.
> You can switch of clx ? where?

If you mean remove the CLX help, you can simply remove it using the
OpenHelp tool from the IDE (menu Help | Configure).
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

"Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive.
 What they conceal is vital."
 - Arthur Koestler

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

> > Mine has an option of CLX or non-CLX, both of which can apply to Delphi.
> You can switch of clx ? where?

Do you mean switch of the help or the programming in the IDE? You can of
course develop CLX applications in Delphi and for this the CLX help is
needed. (see New->CLX Application)

Rolf

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

> If you mean remove the CLX help, you can simply remove it using the
> OpenHelp tool from the IDE (menu Help | Configure).

You mean Help | Delphi Tools ?
I did already removed clx help there (then the help system was recompiled or
somewhat), but the help choice between vcl and clx still opens.

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

"Friedrich Buschmann" wrote:
> You mean Help | Delphi Tools ?

Help | Customize...

Remove all references with "CLX" in them from the Index and Link tabs.

Close the window and click the Yes button when asked if you want to save
changes.

--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:am i using kylix or delphi?

> Remove all references with "CLX" in them from the Index and Link tabs.

Ah it works!
It does so good that now immediately the help for vcl is shown.. will save
me a lot time in future

Other Threads