ADOTable is not getting field properties from Access table

I am connecting to an Access2000 database and the problem is that the field
properties, like Required and DefaultValue, are not obtained from the
database.

Is this common ? I remember that with BDE and MSACCESS 97 there was no
problem.

Thanks a lot.

Re:ADOTable is not getting field properties from Access table

>I am connecting to an Access2000 database and the problem is that the field
>properties, like Required and DefaultValue, are not obtained from the
>database.

>Is this common ? I remember that with BDE and MSACCESS 97 there was no
>problem.

ADOExpress components handle these pretty much like BDE.  These properties are
not propagated from the database to the Tfields.   If you have a field with a
default value set at the database level you need to set the Tfield Autogenerate
property to ArDefault so that the dataset knows how to handle it.
Required values at the database level will show up as a database error when you
try to post a record with out the value.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads