InterBase + Windows XP = still SLOW disconnect

There is a number of advices to turn off System Restore feature in Windows
XP to resolve the problem with database connecting/disconnecting timeout.
But with TURNED OFF System Restore in Windows XP and removed GDB extension
from filelist.xml this issue still remains unresolved. I've tested this on
ALL IB 6.x versions including OpenSource editions (starting with 6.0.0.x and
ending with IB 6.5) and received the same result.

Does anybody knows the solution?

Best regards,
Atsukovsky Alexander Jr. (ats1...@dart.ru)
Moscow, Russia.

Re:InterBase + Windows XP = still SLOW disconnect

> Does anybody knows the solution?

Could it be that there are many open transactions and that these are
auto-rolledback or auto-committed when you disconnect, and that is that that
takes a long time to complete?

Thomas

Re:InterBase + Windows XP = still SLOW disconnect

No, there are no transactions at all.

I've heard about InterBase timeouts on Windows XP. What are they?

In article <3d47bc4c_1@dnews>, Atsukovsky Alexander Jr. says...

> > Could it be that there are many open transactions and that these are
> > auto-rolledback or auto-committed when you disconnect, and that is that
> that
> > takes a long time to complete?

> No, there are no transactions at all.

You mean all transactions are completed before disconnect?

Re:InterBase + Windows XP = still SLOW disconnect

Yes. There are no started transactions. Just Connect; then Disconnect;