IDE Editor look alike

Anyone know where I would find an 'edit control' that would allow a
syntax/word dictionary to color the entered text similar to the Delphi (an
plenty others) development editor.

 I've spent some time with TRichedit but I'm not happy with the result and
somehow life is just too short.

Neil.

Re:IDE Editor look alike

Neil,

Check out http://www.balticsolutions.com/ for a component called
ColorMemo. Its a great little syntax highlighter and best of all, its free.

Steve@**webuk.clara.net

remove the ** to reply

Re:IDE Editor look alike

Check out David Brock's TSyntaxMemo.  I think it will do what you are
looking for.  You can find out more at http://www.dbrocksoftware.com/.

Jeff Overcash

Neil Corbett wrote:

> Anyone know where I would find an 'edit control' that would allow a
> syntax/word dictionary to color the entered text similar to the Delphi (an
> plenty others) development editor.

>  I've spent some time with TRichedit but I'm not happy with the result and
> somehow life is just too short.

> Neil.

Re:IDE Editor look alike

Hi!

There are some HighLighters around:
TSyntaxMemo
DreamMemo
..
Not at least mwEdit.
http://www.eccentrica.org/gabr/mw/mwedit.htm

Martin

Neil Corbett schrieb:

> Anyone know where I would find an 'edit control' that would allow a
> syntax/word dictionary to color the entered text similar to the Delphi (an
> plenty others) development editor.

>  I've spent some time with TRichedit but I'm not happy with the result and
> somehow life is just too short.

> Neil.

Re:IDE Editor look alike

> Anyone know where I would find an 'edit control' that would allow a
> syntax/word dictionary to color the entered text similar to the Delphi (an
> plenty others) development editor.

Neil,

here are a couple of URLS you may want to check. I don't know which if them
feature syntax highlighting, with the exception of TSyntaxMeno, of course.

 TColorMemo              http://www.balticsolutions.com
 TSyntaxMemo
http://users.colloquium.co.uk/~dbrock/synmemo/synmemo.htm
 mwEdit                  http://members.xoom.com/primozg/mw/mwedit.htm
 TPlusMemo               http://www3.sympatico.ca/ecm/delpang.htm#PMEMO

No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitely requested!

Other Threads