INSTALLSHIELD 6.x with BDE alias

Hello...all
Can someone tell me How to modify alias's PATH....
I am changing it at BDE objects Winzard But it still blank when user run
setup.Why ??
HOW TO Configure the aliases (PATH,LANGDRIVER,VERSION.....)
...Please answer to me....
I am using installshield 6.2 and BDE objects 5.1

Re:INSTALLSHIELD 6.x with BDE alias

Hi,
I've installed the BDE in the past, but actually with InstallShield, its not a
*great* way to get
the BDE...there is always a problem on the target machine with the BDE.  Besides
that,
here is how to do what you are asking:

1) Select the Resources tab in InstallShield.
2) Select the BDE object, right click and select Modify(this re-invokes the BDE
Object Wizard)
3) Delete all aliases that appear in the memo box except for the data source
name you want
to "hook-up" on the target machine.  IF the data source name doesn't appear, Add
it.
  If you don't delete the other aliases, and the target machine as them already,
you'll have
  a big mess and the idapi32.cfg file gets huge!!!
4) Select Next and set the Alias Name and Driver type for the database.
5) Select Finish.
6) If you didn't include the ODBC object, you have to include in addition to the
BDE Object.
    If you did include the ODBC object, right click on it and select Modify.
7) Select the ODBC drivers you want to install on the target machine.
8) Select Next and select the database name that you entered in Step 3 above.
With this
database name highlight, select the Advanced... button.
9) For the DBQ line, set the directory to be the location you want the database
to be located on
the target machine.  Remember this path should be the same as the location the
file is being
copied form the File Groups tab.  For example:
                DBQ=<TARGETDIR>\Projects\Sample1\SampleDB2000.mdb
where <TARGETDIR> is the installation directory for my application.  I have an
Access
database that I put on the target system in the File Groups tab in
<TARGETDIR>\Projects\Sample1.
10) Select whether you want this DSN connection to be available for one
user(User) all all users (System)
and whether you want it removed if your application is un-installed. Select
Close when done.
11) Select Next.  You should see your DSN in the Data Source: section of the
Memo Box text.
Select Finish and you're done.

HTH,

--
Trudy Reiser
tru...@leapfrog-smart.com

"Survivor" <l...@ms1.pchome.com.tw> wrote in message

> Hello...all
> Can someone tell me How to modify alias's PATH....
> I am changing it at BDE objects Winzard But it still blank when user run
> setup.Why ??
> HOW TO Configure the aliases (PATH,LANGDRIVER,VERSION.....)
> ...Please answer to me....
> I am using installshield 6.2 and BDE objects 5.1

Other Threads