Help - what do these log entries mean?

Hi folks
I have had problems with my ISAPI app disconnecting from the db periodically
(or at least appearing to). I have ran the TIBLogService and it has
displayed the following lines repeatedly. Can you tell me what this actually
means??

S11BDML2000 (Server) Thu Nov 29 11:00:54 2001
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

S11BDML2000 (Server) Thu Nov 29 11:00:54 2001
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

Thanks
William Buchanan

Re:Help - what do these log entries mean?

10054 are winsock errors.  This is almost always caused by hardware problems
(usually a bad NIC card).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

William Buchanan wrote:

> I have had problems with my ISAPI app disconnecting from the db periodically
> (or at least appearing to). I have ran the TIBLogService and it has
> displayed the following lines repeatedly. Can you tell me what this actually
> means??

        Generally, flaky network hardware.  If your DB connection is working
well you can usually ignore it.  If not, read:

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:Help - what do these log entries mean?

That could explain a few things.

Many thanks

William

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> 10054 are winsock errors.  This is almost always caused by hardware
problems
> (usually a bad NIC card).

> William Buchanan wrote:

> > Hi folks
> > I have had problems with my ISAPI app disconnecting from the db
periodically
> > (or at least appearing to). I have ran the TIBLogService and it has
> > displayed the following lines repeatedly. Can you tell me what this
actually
> > means??

> > S11BDML2000 (Server) Thu Nov 29 11:00:54 2001
> >  INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

> > S11BDML2000 (Server) Thu Nov 29 11:00:54 2001
> >  INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

> > Thanks
> > William Buchanan

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry
> Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer why?
> As you grow up and leave the playground
> Where you kissed your Prince and found your frog
> Remember the jester that showed you tears, the script for tears. (Fish)

Re:Help - what do these log entries mean?

Great!
I think I might be able to get somewhere with this now.

Many thanks

William

"Craig Stuntz (TeamB)" <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message

> William Buchanan wrote:

> > I have had problems with my ISAPI app disconnecting from the db
periodically
> > (or at least appearing to). I have ran the TIBLogService and it has
> > displayed the following lines repeatedly. Can you tell me what this
actually
> > means??

> Generally, flaky network hardware.  If your DB connection is working
> well you can usually ignore it.  If not, read:

> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,25088,00.html
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,25340,00.html

> -Craig

> --
>  Craig Stuntz (TeamB) Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
> We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd
>      Delphi/InterBase WebLog: http://delphi.weblogs.com

Other Threads