cannot minimize main form when a called form is minimized

Hi, my main form is simply a hold for the menu of the application, the
problem I having is that when I minimize a form that was called from the
main menu I can not gain access to the main form.

How can I gain access to the main form when I minimize a form called from
the main form menu?

--
Will
NuSoft Technologies

Re:cannot minimize main form when a called form is minimized

It sounds like you're using ShowModal instead of Show.

BTW, your question didn't have anything to do with database.desktop

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

William Berndt <NuSoft...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Hi, my main form is simply a hold for the menu of the application, the
> problem I having is that when I minimize a form that was called from the
> main menu I can not gain access to the main form.

> How can I gain access to the main form when I minimize a form called from
> the main form menu?

> --
> Will
> NuSoft Technologies
> NuSoft...@aol.com

Re:cannot minimize main form when a called form is minimized

Paul, you know that is possibile now I think about it.   I was wondering if
it had anything to do with the MDI setting I think my forms are set to be
SDI?

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, what area should I post this message?

All Best
Will

Paul Ferrara <p...@nospam.columbusoft.com> wrote in message

> It sounds like you're using ShowModal instead of Show.

> BTW, your question didn't have anything to do with database.desktop

> Paul / ColumbuSoft
> www.columbusoft.com

> William Berndt <NuSoft...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, my main form is simply a hold for the menu of the application, the
> > problem I having is that when I minimize a form that was called from the
> > main menu I can not gain access to the main form.

> > How can I gain access to the main form when I minimize a form called
from
> > the main form menu?

> > --
> > Will
> > NuSoft Technologies
> > NuSoft...@aol.com

Re:cannot minimize main form when a called form is minimized

The only thing I can think of that could cause this is calling ShowModal to
display the form instead of calling Show.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:cannot minimize main form when a called form is minimized

Since you can't call an MDI child form as ShowModal, that's not it.

When you're going to display a form as ShowModal, set the border style to
bsDialog.  That gets rid of the minimize button.

I'd have posted the message in vcl.components.using

> Paul, you know that is possibile now I think about it.   I was wondering
if
> it had anything to do with the MDI setting I think my forms are set to be
> SDI?

> Sorry for posting in the wrong area, what area should I post this message?

> All Best
> Will

> Paul Ferrara <p...@nospam.columbusoft.com> wrote in message
> > It sounds like you're using ShowModal instead of Show.

> > BTW, your question didn't have anything to do with database.desktop

> > Paul / ColumbuSoft
> > www.columbusoft.com

> > William Berndt <NuSoft...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, my main form is simply a hold for the menu of the application, the
> > > problem I having is that when I minimize a form that was called from
the
> > > main menu I can not gain access to the main form.

> > > How can I gain access to the main form when I minimize a form called
> from
> > > the main form menu?

> > > --
> > > Will