Does Borlands dBase or Paradox product enable user to write royalty free stand alone .exe files?

We've been using Delphi 2 for some time now.   But have very little Database
development experience.  We are faced with the need to put a database on
about 200 mobile computers (notebooks)  all which will not be connected to a
modem (no room to explain, but these computers will seldom or never be able
to connect via modem).  We need specific data in a precise data form on each
computer.   The BDE will not be sufficient.  We've considered making
multiple arrays of records, but why reinvent the wheel?  Arrays give Flint
headaches anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions. If so please rank them: low cost (under
$350), Medium cost (under $850), High cost ($under $2000).
Thanks.
Billy Bones, Davy Jones, and Flint

Re:Does Borlands dBase or Paradox product enable user to write royalty free stand alone .exe files?

Take a look at Flash Filer from TurboPower Software.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.)
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Re:Does Borlands dBase or Paradox product enable user to write royalty free stand alone .exe files?

I would take a look at SQL Anywhere.  It has a capability known as
DBRemote which will allow all your mobile users to maintain data from a
central source.

Derek Davidson
Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components for Delphi from my web site:
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Now Includes INFOPOWER Derived components and a demo

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Re:Does Borlands dBase or Paradox product enable user to write royalty free stand alone .exe files?

>>Re: Does Borlands dBase or Paradox product enable user to write royalty

free stand alone .exe files?

To answer your question, yes.  Royalty Free Exe's seems to be one of
Borland's specialties...

Visual dBase is probably the easiest way to quick EXE's but Delphi is a good
way to go also, depending on the level of programming you want to get into
and what kind of re-distribution you're looking for.

I'm not sure how easy Paradox is to re-distribute, but I believe there is a
Royalty Free runtime package that will let you create database applications
and distribute them Royalty Free.

Vince Curletta

begin 666 Vince Curletta.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D-U<FQE='1A.U9I;F-E#0I&
M3CI6:6YC92!#=7)L971T80T*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IV:6YC96-U
M<FQE='1A0'9A;F=U87)D<V]L=71I;VYS+F-O;0T*4D56.C$Y.3@P,3(P5#(S
2,#,S,UH-"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end