Differens in whys to print !

Hi !

There seems to be 3 different program for reporting with Delphi :
QR
ReportWriter
ReportBuilder

but how do the last two ones adresses the printer ?

Is it posible to change bin during printing (ex. 1.page on first bin and
the next ones on the last bin) or do they also use the same why of
handling the printing as QR?

-Kurt

Re:Differens in whys to print !

In article <35A14210.8C48A...@samnet2.ou.dk>, Kurt Bilde wrote:
> There seems to be 3 different program for reporting with Delphi :
> QR
> ReportWriter
> ReportBuilder

Don't forget our ACE Reporter product.

> Is it posible to change bin during printing (ex. 1.page on first bin and
> the next ones on the last bin)

If you download our trial version, there is a sample in the
SAMPLES\MISC\CHGPSET directory that shows how to change printer settings
in the middle of the report.

Regards,
Steve Tyrakowski
www.sct-associates.com

Re:Differens in whys to print !

Kurt,

> There seems to be 3 different program for reporting with Delphi :
> QR
> ReportWriter
> ReportBuilder

> but how do the last two ones adresses the printer ?

> Is it posible to change bin during printing (ex. 1.page on first bin and
> the next ones on the last bin) or do they also use the same why of
> handling the printing as QR?

> -Kurt

In ReportBuilder you can change bins while printing by setting the

Report.PrinterSetup.BinName property.

You can list of Bins by referencing Report.PrinterSetup.BinNames[]

You can change the PrinterSetup while the report is running.  I would
try using either the StartPage or EndPage event.

Cheers,

--
Nard Moseley            mailto:n...@digital-metaphors.com
Digital Metaphors       http://www.digital-metaphors.com