Info on device driver development

Hi,

I am seeking info on how to develop a device driver in Pascal in
general and under Delphi 3.0 in particular.

I would like to be able to sample from the microphone input socket of
my PC. The idea is to create a very simple A to D converter.
Portability is not currently an issue, it would only have to work on
the one machine. Obviously given some success I want to broaden it
applicability.

Advice and pointers to books, references, sample code would be much
appreciated.

Any specific tools required?

Many thanks.

John S Glover                             mailto:glov...@logica.com
Logica UK Ltd                           or  mailto:jsglo...@iee.org
Cobham Park, Downside Road                   http://www.logica.com/
Cobham, Surrey, KT11 3LG, UK
# DISCLAIMER:
# All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not Logica

Re:Info on device driver development

John S Glover schrieb:

> Hi,

> I am seeking info on how to develop a device driver in Pascal in
> general and under Delphi 3.0 in particular.

> I would like to be able to sample from the microphone input socket of
> my PC. The idea is to create a very simple A to D converter.
> Portability is not currently an issue, it would only have to work on
> the one machine. Obviously given some success I want to broaden it
> applicability.

> Advice and pointers to books, references, sample code would be much
> appreciated.

> Any specific tools required?

> Many thanks.

> John S Glover                             mailto:glov...@logica.com

Look at VIREO.COM somewhere on the net. It is not suggested to write
Windows device drivers with Delphi. And DOS device drivers shall be
written in Assembly language at best.

also have a look at:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/8014/tp.html

Franz Glaser, Austria