Font Characteristics and TextMetrics

I was trying to write a quick five minute program to report the
characteristics of a font would be but I am not getting the figures I
expect to see.  I think it has something to do with Pixels per inch but I
still can't get it exact.  Am I doing something obviously wrong?  Please
post AND email all replys, my newsserver is poor.  Here is the boiled down
version of what I do:

procedure TForm1.docalcs;
var
   MyLineHeight : Double;
begin
   Form2.font:=FontDialog1.font;
   GetTextMetrics( Form2.canvas.Handle, TextMetrics );
   MyLineHeight:=((TextMetrics.tmHeight+

(TextMetrics.tmExternalLeading))/Form2.pixelsperinch);
   LineHeight.text:=floattostr(MyLineHeight);
   LinesPerInch.text:=floattostr(1/MyLineHeight);

AvgCPI.text:=floattostr(1/((TextMetrics.tmAveCharWidth)/Form2.pixelsperinch)
);

LeastCPI.text:=floattostr(1/((TextMetrics.tmMaxCharWidth)/Form2.pixelsperinc
h));

Brian C. Layman
Director of Software Development
SoftForms Development Corporation
http://www.softforms.com
BLay...@Softforms.com

Re:Font Characteristics and TextMetrics

"Brian C. Layman" <BLay...@SoftForms.com> writes:

>begin
>   Form2.font:=FontDialog1.font;

          ^
          Shouldn't this be Form2.Canvas.Font := ?  (see next line)

>   GetTextMetrics( Form2.canvas.Handle, TextMetrics );

                          ^

Other Threads