Delphi v3.x & BDE/SqlLinks v5.x

Can you use the new version (5.x) of the BDE & SQL Links drivers with D3, or
do you have to upgrade to D4 to use the new i/o layer(s).  Also, we are
currently using D3 and BDE v4.51 on Oracle, and MsSql v6.5 without any real
problems.

I am getting ready to begin another project on Oracle 8.x.  Should I just
stay with BDE v4.51 and SqlLinks v3.5(?), or will I be better off going to
the new stuff (including D4)?

Thanks...

Re:Delphi v3.x & BDE/SqlLinks v5.x

The ROWID format changed between O7 and O8.  If you use TTable or live
TQuery, you will probably need to use the BDE native Oracle8 driver, which
requires BDE5.

BTW, you should be using the same version of SQL Links as the BDE.  You can
check VERSIONINFO of DLLs to verify.  Primary BDE DLL is idapi32.dll.
Oracle SQL Links DLL is sqlora32.dll (O7 driver) and sqlora8.dll (O8
driver).

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Andy Faust wrote in message <79cd32$l...@forums.borland.com>...
>I am getting ready to begin another project on Oracle 8.x.  Should I just
>stay with BDE v4.51 and SqlLinks v3.5(?), or will I be better off going to
>the new stuff (including D4)?

Re:Delphi v3.x & BDE/SqlLinks v5.x

Thanks Russell.  I'll probably go ahead and update.  Do you know if the
BDE/SQLLinks 5.x stuff is better (faster, tighter, cleaner, ets) then the
v4.5x stuff)?
Russell L. Smith wrote in message <79dpau$me...@forums.borland.com>...
>The ROWID format changed between O7 and O8.  If you use TTable or live
>TQuery, you will probably need to use the BDE native Oracle8 driver, which
>requires BDE5................................
>V/R
>Russell L. Smith

Re:Delphi v3.x & BDE/SqlLinks v5.x

The Oracle7 driver seems to be unchanged.  The Oracle8 driver is new
(because Oracle reconstructed the Oracle Call Interface) and has the usual
first-product-release bugs.

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Andy Faust wrote in message <79evf3$n...@forums.borland.com>...
>Do you know if the
>BDE/SQLLinks 5.x stuff is better (faster, tighter, cleaner, ets) then the
>v4.5x stuff)?

Other Threads