Board index » delphi » Windows 2000 Pro and BDE

Windows 2000 Pro and BDE

Hi

I have a report of a program created with Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 get 2 errors
with Windows 2000 Pro that had not been seen in other versions of windows.

Exception EAccessViolation in module my.exe at 00000000. Access violation at
address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

and

Exception Epriviledge in module my.exe at 00E0B6C1. Privileged Instruction

The 2nd error may involve quick reports the information to me is still a bit
sketchy, just trying to see if anyone has run into problems with Windows
2000 Pro.

Thanks
Bill

 

Re:Windows 2000 Pro and BDE


The only problem I had was when I used UNC file names to point to local
paths in my BDE settings, e.g. \\PeerServer\Pdox instead of c:\\pdox. UNC
file names work fine from other machines on the network, but Windows has
trouble when they refer to the local machine. I'm not sure whether this is a
Windows 2000-specific problem, or just a Windows problem

Otherwise, Windows 2000 Pro and Paradox tables are working fine. You should
update, though, to Win2000 SP1, if you haven't already, and I would also
upgrade all computers to BDE 5.11.

Quote
"Bill Hannan" <bhan...@nottellurian.net> wrote in message

news:96e6bi$6oh10@bornews.inprise.com...
Quote

> I have a report of a program created with Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 get 2
errors
> with Windows 2000 Pro that had not been seen in other versions of windows.

> Exception EAccessViolation in module my.exe at 00000000. Access violation
at
> address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

> and

> Exception Epriviledge in module my.exe at 00E0B6C1. Privileged Instruction

> The 2nd error may involve quick reports the information to me is still a
bit
> sketchy, just trying to see if anyone has run into problems with Windows
> 2000 Pro.

Re:Windows 2000 Pro and BDE


Not it, but thanks.

Bill

Quote
"Richard Biffl" <bi...@NOSPAMtidalwave.net> wrote in message

news:3a8ad31f_1@dnews...
Quote
> The only problem I had was when I used UNC file names to point to local
> paths in my BDE settings, e.g. \\PeerServer\Pdox instead of c:\\pdox. UNC
> file names work fine from other machines on the network, but Windows has
> trouble when they refer to the local machine. I'm not sure whether this is
a
> Windows 2000-specific problem, or just a Windows problem

> Otherwise, Windows 2000 Pro and Paradox tables are working fine. You
should
> update, though, to Win2000 SP1, if you haven't already, and I would also
> upgrade all computers to BDE 5.11.

> "Bill Hannan" <bhan...@nottellurian.net> wrote in message
> news:96e6bi$6oh10@bornews.inprise.com...

> > I have a report of a program created with Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 get 2
> errors
> > with Windows 2000 Pro that had not been seen in other versions of
windows.

> > Exception EAccessViolation in module my.exe at 00000000. Access
violation
> at
> > address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

> > and

> > Exception Epriviledge in module my.exe at 00E0B6C1. Privileged
Instruction

> > The 2nd error may involve quick reports the information to me is still a
> bit
> > sketchy, just trying to see if anyone has run into problems with Windows
> > 2000 Pro.

Re:Windows 2000 Pro and BDE


Tip what saved my head Quick Report uses TEMP Enviroment variable, But it
can not handle if it includes spaces.

"Bill Hannan" <bhan...@nottellurian.net> kirjoitti viestiss?
news:96e6bi$6oh10@bornews.inprise.com...

Quote
> Hi

> I have a report of a program created with Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 get 2
errors
> with Windows 2000 Pro that had not been seen in other versions of windows.

> Exception EAccessViolation in module my.exe at 00000000. Access violation
at
> address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

> and

> Exception Epriviledge in module my.exe at 00E0B6C1. Privileged Instruction

> The 2nd error may involve quick reports the information to me is still a
bit
> sketchy, just trying to see if anyone has run into problems with Windows
> 2000 Pro.

> Thanks
> Bill

Re:Windows 2000 Pro and BDE


Thanks

I'll pass that on to the complaining user and see if it helps.

Bill

Quote
"Jari Kettunen" <john....@somewhere.com> wrote in message

news:3a8e6767$1_2@dnews...
Quote
> Tip what saved my head Quick Report uses TEMP Enviroment variable, But it
> can not handle if it includes spaces.

> "Bill Hannan" <bhan...@nottellurian.net> kirjoitti viestiss?
> news:96e6bi$6oh10@bornews.inprise.com...
> > Hi

> > I have a report of a program created with Delphi 4 and BDE 5.01 get 2
> errors
> > with Windows 2000 Pro that had not been seen in other versions of
windows.

> > Exception EAccessViolation in module my.exe at 00000000. Access
violation
> at
> > address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

> > and

> > Exception Epriviledge in module my.exe at 00E0B6C1. Privileged
Instruction

> > The 2nd error may involve quick reports the information to me is still a
> bit
> > sketchy, just trying to see if anyone has run into problems with Windows
> > 2000 Pro.

> > Thanks
> > Bill

Other Threads