How to access a memo fields data w/o a TMEMO

Hi,

Anyone wanna talk about getting and setting memo field information
without using a TMemo component?
In building an internet application, I receive "mail" data from a html
form.  I'd like to put the message part of that form
in a memo field in my dbase dbf table but cannot figure out how to
access the field.

Any help is appreciated.   (D4/CS)

Re:How to access a memo fields data w/o a TMEMO

Actually, as I discovered after I corrected my typo, the WebModule takes
care of accessing the memo field data automatically.   Nevertheless, would
still like to know how..
Jerry Holder wrote:
> Hi,

> Anyone wanna talk about getting and setting memo field information
> without using a TMemo component?
> In building an internet application, I receive "mail" data from a html
> form.  I'd like to put the message part of that form
> in a memo field in my dbase dbf table but cannot figure out how to
> access the field.

> Any help is appreciated.   (D4/CS)

Re:How to access a memo fields data w/o a TMEMO

>Anyone wanna talk about getting and setting memo field information
>without using a TMemo component?
>In building an internet application, I receive "mail" data from a html
>form.  I'd like to put the message part of that form
>in a memo field in my dbase dbf table but cannot figure out how to
>access the field.

What is it you want to do with the memo field.  There are many ways to add or
extract date from a memo field.  What form is the data in and are you adding or
extracting if from the memo field.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:How to access a memo fields data w/o a TMEMO

> There are times that I want to access the "text" of a memo field for reading into
> vars, files, or html pages.  Other times I might want to return modified text
> back to the memo field.  I'd like to know how this is done without using a TMemo
> or other similiar visual component on a form.  Just wanna suck the data up into a
> string var (or similiar) without first using a component to access
> TStrings/Lines.

Not sure why you ask unless it's a question of image versus text.  In that case,
it's text.  If not, can you explain what issues there might be?

thanks!

> What is it you want to do with the memo field.  There are many ways to add or
> extract date from a memo field.  What form is the data in and are you adding or
> extracting if from the memo field.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:How to access a memo fields data w/o a TMEMO

>Not sure why you ask unless it's a question of image versus text.  In that case,
>it's text.  If not, can you explain what issues there might be?

No if you don't know what you want to do with the memo I am not inclined to list
all the possibilities.

here are a couple of the simple ways to get at the text in a memo field

yourString =Table1.fieldbyname('yourMemo').asString

yourStringList.assign(Table1.fieldbyname('yourMemo') as TmemoField)

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads