Paradox 3.5 with BDE using wrong net style

I am having trouble configuring BDE 3.x or 4.51 to use PARADOX.NET when
opening a Paradox 3.5 table. All users have a Net Dir path of
F:\pdx\pdoxdata\ pointing to paradox.net on a Novell 3.11 network. BDE
creates and uses a PDOXUSRS.NET (ignoring paradox.net) even though it
seems to be configured for Paradox 3.x tables and net style. Existing
users and applications require the PARADOX.NET to share data and can not
easily be changed. What can I do to correct my installation?

er...@adnc.com

Re:Paradox 3.5 with BDE using wrong net style

> am having trouble configuring BDE 3.x or 4.51 to use PARADOX.NET when
>opening a Paradox 3.5 table. All users have a Net Dir path of
>F:\pdx\pdoxdata\ pointing to paradox.net on a Novell 3.11 network. BDE
>creates and uses a PDOXUSRS.NET (ignoring paradox.net) even though it
>seems to be configured for Paradox 3.x tables and net style. Existing
>users and applications require the PARADOX.NET to share data and can not
>easily be changed. What can I do to correct my installation?

Nothing.   BDE is not compatible with older Paradox Dos and Dos Engine
versions that use the Paradox.net file.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com