Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

Hello Everyone,

        I am looking at writing a generic program that will store memo fields in
various databases (Paradox, Oracle, Sybase, etc).  It is my understanding
that I would use a Blob field to do this.  Does anyone outthere have any
comments on Blob fields in Oracle?  Sybase?  Interbase? Other DBs?

        I would appreciate any insights you can provide!

Bradley MacDonald
Bradley_MacDon...@BC.Sympatico.CA

Re:Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

Yes I do , Query.RecordCount doesn't work with a table with a
long/blob field in Oracle

Peter Slater
pe...@Trysoft.com

On 6 Mar 97 11:39:47 PST, "G. Bradley MacDonald"

<GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA> wrote:
>Hello Everyone,

>    I am looking at writing a generic program that will store memo fields in
>various databases (Paradox, Oracle, Sybase, etc).  It is my understanding
>that I would use a Blob field to do this.  Does anyone outthere have any
>comments on Blob fields in Oracle?  Sybase?  Interbase? Other DBs?

>    I would appreciate any insights you can provide!

>Bradley MacDonald
>Bradley_MacDon...@BC.Sympatico.CA

Other Threads