Application icon disappears!

Suddenly the icon I was using for my application disappeared, and was replaced
by the Delphi Torch icon. I've tried to reload my icon, and everything looks
fine from Options, inside Delphi. But when the program is compiled again,
there's still the same Delphi icon :-(

How can I fix this?

I want my icon back!

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Re:Application icon disappears!

Bjorn-Kare Nilssen <bjoe...@sn.no> wrote:

: Suddenly the icon I was using for my application disappeared, and was replaced
: by the Delphi Torch icon. I've tried to reload my icon, and everything looks
: fine from Options, inside Delphi. But when the program is compiled again,
: there's still the same Delphi icon :-(

: How can I fix this?

: I want my icon back!

: --
: || Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Try setting your icon as the iconb for your mainform as well, that should do
the trick, if not mail me and I'll take a closer look

Hope this helps

  Roel

Roel Spapens wrote:

> Bjorn-Kare Nilssen <bjoe...@sn.no> wrote:
> : Suddenly the icon I was using for my application disappeared, and was replaced
> : by the Delphi Torch icon. I've tried to reload my icon, and everything looks
> : fine from Options, inside Delphi. But when the program is compiled again,
> : there's still the same Delphi icon :-(

> : How can I fix this?

> : I want my icon back!

> : --
> : || Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

> Try setting your icon as the iconb for your mainform as well, that should do
> the trick, if not mail me and I'll take a closer look

> Hope this helps

>   Roel

I also have this problem ...

It is a MDI application in which the project's options, and the
mainform's icon property are both set to the same icon with the same
results..

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Re:Application icon disappears!

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:34:42 -0800, Reid Roman <rkro...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

Hi,

Set the MainForm's icon to your desired icon and then in the
MainForm's OnCreate event, put:

Application.Icon := Icon;

This has worked for me.

Ken Hale wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:34:42 -0800, Reid Roman <rkro...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:

> Hi,

> Set the MainForm's icon to your desired icon and then in the
> MainForm's OnCreate event, put:

> Application.Icon := Icon;

> This has worked for me.

WoW!,

Worked great..

I have not heard anyone answer this for quite a while!

Thanks Ken

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Reid Roman wrote:
> WoW!,

> Worked great..

> I have not heard anyone answer this for quite a while!

Check if you're missing the {$R *.RES} in the DPR file...

Regards,

Erik.

--
Development of applications and drivers for Windows 95 and NT.
Go visit http://www.POBoxes.com/Sperling for some free source!

Erik Sperling Johansen, Sperl...@POBoxes.com (DeBug Team; checker,
monitor)

Re:Application icon disappears!

In article <34f3c83b.51880...@news.nccn.net>,

kenh...@dcalcoda.com (Ken Hale) wrote:
>On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 05:34:42 -0800, Reid Roman <rkro...@pacbell.net>
>wrote:

>Hi,

>Set the MainForm's icon to your desired icon and then in the
>MainForm's OnCreate event, put:

>Application.Icon := Icon;

>This has worked for me.

Thanks :)

I guess it works when the app is running.
But it doesn't fix the problem with the icon in Shortcuts and in Explorer..

This is really a strange problem.
When opening the <app>.res file it shows the MAINICON correctly.
But when it compiles it still compiles with the Delphi torch as the app.icon..

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Re:Application icon disappears!

You can always delete the .exe and re compile/build.

Re:Application icon disappears!

In article <35047A4D.71B43...@shentel.net>,

John Swan <jls...@shentel.net> wrote:
>You can always delete the .exe and re compile/build.

It does not work.
I still am unable to change the applications icon to the one I want.
The icon I always get is not the default diagonal Delphi torch on a blue
background, but a vertical torch in front of a temple.

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Other Threads