New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Keith Selbee <ksel...@icgroup.net> wrote:
>Where did you get these files?  I would like to get them once they're
>fixed!  Thanks...

http://netserv.borland.com/TechInfo/download_files/

There are also some other files like delphi interface files for
microsoft windows internet extensions or http server extensions.

Ruediger Hahn

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

10MB of help files!!!

I hope that there is some other way of getting these files.

Steve,
Will these be available from Borland by snail on diskette, either US
or in the local Oz branch?
When will an updated CD be available? and at a nominal price?

There is no way that I can ever download that volume.

==
Bob Small

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Keith Selbee <ksel...@icgroup.net> wrote:
>Where did you get these files?  I would like to get them once they're
>fixed!  Thanks...
>Keith

From the messages they were retrieved from http://www.borland.com in
the TechInfo area. This is the normal area for updates to Delphi and
information about Delphi.

I hated seeing all these messages about the corrupt files. I can
remember a time when Borland was great at supporting its products and
it seems that since Phil left it has gone downhill all the way.

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

also, delphi.zip has the same problems.

In article <319def5e.7249...@newnews.dial.pipex.com>, terry.har...@dial.pipex.co

Brad Aisa wrote:

> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> version of WinZip.

> Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, those files were broken over the weekend, but are fixed now!  Please
accept Borland's apologies for all the troubles.
--

        -Steve Teixeira
         steix...@borland.com

ba...@hookup.net (Brad Aisa) writes:
> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> version of WinZip.

> Anyone else have this problem?

> --
> Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

> Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

> "The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
> guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

I left a message with Borland. They answered me that they were looking into the
problem. So I expect that within a week there should be new files on the Borland
Web.

John Sylvestre
Montreal, PQ Canada

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

I've had problems with the new Delphi help files as well but it is NOT due
to corrupt files at  Borland's site. They are downloading them via HTTP
instead of FTP and they are being corrupted during the transfer. I used
both Explorer and Netscape and had the same problem

I finally solved it by using Lynx to download them to my Unix website and
then using ZMODEM from there to my PC. They then unzipped fine. What a pain
though.

!!-BORLAND. POST THEM ON YOUR FTP SITE AND BBS SO WE CAN GET RELIABLE
COPIES-!!!

I don't dare post them at my site as my ISP will kill me with the overload.
The rest of you are on your own. :-)

--
Arnold Bailey - abai...@bix.com - abai...@webwrights.com
WebWrights - Web Services, Web Pages and Web Site Management

David Michael wrote:

> 10MB at 28.8kbps is not exactly a snappy download. I just wasted my entire
> <expletive withheld> afternoon.

> I have a suspicion they are not using a PC-version ZIP. A company I worked
> for earlier this year purchased the PKZIP/UNZIP for Unix. According to the
> adverts & docs, the Unix version was supposed to be completely compatible
> with the DOS/Windows versions. To summarize a long frustrating day for my
> then-boss, that assertion is only "mostly" true.

> Knowing the "why," however, does not ease my frustration with the "what."

> <long stream of expletives withheld>

> david

I downloaded the files Monday and unziped them with no problem.  I
suspect the problem is with the tools used to download the large files.
I used Novell's Rapid Filer and WinZip.

Chuck

Arnold Bailey <abai...@BIX.com> wrote:
>I've had problems with the new Delphi help files as well but it is NOT due
>to corrupt files at  Borland's site. They are downloading them via HTTP
>instead of FTP and they are being corrupted during the transfer. I used
>both Explorer and Netscape and had the same problem

Agreed.  I can't get an uncorrupted version of VCL.ZIP via the web
page.  Please duplicate the files in your FTP site.

Thanks,
Mark Weston

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads