New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
version of WinZip.

Anyone else have this problem?

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Brad Aisa wrote:

> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> version of WinZip.

> Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem. Slightly annoying when these two files total
about 10Mb

Chris

Brad Aisa wrote:

> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> version of WinZip.

> Anyone else have this problem?

I can't unzip Delphi.zip as well as VCL.zip and Win32.zip. The other
help files are fine.

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Yes, I have also downloaded the Win32.Zip and VCL.Zip and they both
wil not unzip.  I even passed them through pkzipfix and it said that
it was not a zip archive.  Urgh....

Benson
ben...@primenet.com

On Sat, 18 May 96 04:25:14 GMT, ba...@hookup.net (Brad Aisa) wrote:
>I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
>info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
>VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
>seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
>version of WinZip.

>Anyone else have this problem?

>--
>Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

>Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

>"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
>guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

The delphi.zip and vcl.zip are not valid zip file. What is joke!!!
Alice

Charles Warren <Charles.War...@Dal.ca> wrote:
>> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
>> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I
>I can't unzip Delphi.zip as well as VCL.zip and Win32.zip. The other
>help files are fine.

Same here (although I didn't even bother to try win32.zip).

Pkzipfix seems to think they are probably not .zip files (although
they obviously are).

vcl.zip seems to have at least a few bytes missing off the end.

What a{*word*222}up - about par for the course really.

Cheers Terry...

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Did Borland assign the Help Project to their summer interns or something?
What a damn joke, a 10 MB download over a 28.8 line a total waste!
(delphi.zip, vcl.zip and win32.zip were corrupt - others were OK).

If you ask me they should can (i.e., fire) whoever is in charge of the help
files. The person/group has no pride in their work or appreciation of quality.

-Ben Ziegler

Ben Ziegler wrote:

> Did Borland assign the Help Project to their summer interns or something?
> What a damn joke, a 10 MB download over a 28.8 line a total waste!
> (delphi.zip, vcl.zip and win32.zip were corrupt - others were OK).

oh, it's a joke all right...  I think Borland fell victim to the famous
"Friday Afternoon Ship Mode"...  Never, ever, ever, ever try
software/packages that have obviously created/linked/packaged on a
Friday afternoon....

> -Ben Ziegler

ttyl
Jason

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

10MB at 28.8kbps is not exactly a snappy download. I just wasted my entire
<expletive withheld> afternoon.

I have a suspicion they are not using a PC-version ZIP. A company I worked
for earlier this year purchased the PKZIP/UNZIP for Unix. According to the
adverts & docs, the Unix version was supposed to be completely compatible
with the DOS/Windows versions. To summarize a long frustrating day for my
then-boss, that assertion is only "mostly" true.

Knowing the "why," however, does not ease my frustration with the "what."

<long stream of expletives withheld>

david

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

ba...@hookup.net (Brad Aisa) wrote:
> I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> version of WinZip.

> Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I did as well.  In addition, the DELPHI.ZIP file is also corrupt.  That
makes about 11 megabytes of useless downloads for me.  My respect for
Borland is rapidly falling.

Mike

Mike McCallister   --   mccal...@netcom.com

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Charles Warren <Charles.War...@Dal.ca> wrote:
>I can't unzip Delphi.zip as well as VCL.zip and Win32.zip.

Same here.  Also, DBExplor.hlp seems to be missing bullet.bmp in the
overview.

-Garry

Garry Davlin wrote:

> Charles Warren <Charles.War...@Dal.ca> wrote:

> >I can't unzip Delphi.zip as well as VCL.zip and Win32.zip.

> Same here.  Also, DBExplor.hlp seems to be missing bullet.bmp in the
> overview.

> -GarryYep.  Anybody remember the good old days of paper manuals?  Sigh...

Paul

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

Me too !!!!!!!!!!!

Re:New VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP Help files corrupt?

In article <319E9C38.3...@wimsey.com<, dr...@wimsey.com says...
<

<Ben Ziegler wrote:

<<
<< Did Borland assign the Help Project to their summer interns or something?
<< What a damn joke, a 10 MB download over a 28.8 line a total waste!
<< (delphi.zip, vcl.zip and win32.zip were corrupt - others were OK).
<
<oh, it's a joke all right...  I think Borland fell victim to the famous
<"Friday Afternoon Ship Mode"...  Never, ever, ever, ever try
<software/packages that have obviously created/linked/packaged on a
<Friday afternoon....
<
<< -Ben Ziegler
<
<ttyl
<Jason

Yeah, I guess I should've known that.  Good thing it wasn't a Friday
before a *3*-day weekend, then the .ZIP files probably would've blown
up my hard drive!  ;)

-Ben Ziegler

Benson Trinh wrote:

> Yes, I have also downloaded the Win32.Zip and VCL.Zip and they both
> wil not unzip.  I even passed them through pkzipfix and it said that
> it was not a zip archive.  Urgh....

> Benson
> ben...@primenet.com

> On Sat, 18 May 96 04:25:14 GMT, ba...@hookup.net (Brad Aisa) wrote:

> >I just downloaded the new Delphi 2.0 help files from Borland's Technical
> >info site, and can't unzip  VCL.ZIP and WIN32.ZIP files. I downloaded
> >VCL.ZIP again, to make sure, but got the same error. (The file lengths
> >seem to be correct). It won't unzip using pkunzip, nor the very latest
> >version of WinZip.

> >Anyone else have this problem?

> >--
> >Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

> >Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

> >"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
> >guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Where did you get these files?  I would like to get them once they're
fixed!  Thanks...

Keith

Go to page: [1] [2]

Other Threads