Help! Compiler ignores changes in source code

In article <4hfeif$...@sibd001.sidoci.sidoci.qc.ca> dubec...@sidoci.qc.ca writes:
>From: dubec...@sidoci.qc.ca
>Subject: Re: Help! Compiler ignores changes in source code
>Date: 4 Mar 1996 18:59:27 GMT
>We have the same problem and we have over 20 computers using Delphi
>(under Windows 3.1, Windows NT and Windows 95). It seems that sometimes
>modifications are not seen unless you rebuild all. You're not alone, and
>if you ever find something, please let me know.

I have had this "problem" a few times. In all cases it was traced to version
control procedures with Delphi compiling (or not compiling) the standard
version and not the temporary version that was being edited.

A possible related version control problem (Delphi 1 anyway) was that
modifications to the DPR file did not necessarily change its date. I suppose
this was someting to do with preventing unnecessary compiles, but the result
was that our version control/synchronization program often asked for manual
intervention when it found two version of a DPR  with the same date but
different content.

Re:Help! Compiler ignores changes in source code

Could this have anything to do with the fact that we occasionally see a unit opened a second (and
even third) time in the ADE editor?  It also sometimes seems that these unit versions are
different.  How frightening should this be?
--
Scott McClure
s...@teleport.com (home) or sc...@imed.omen.org (work)
Malcolm Coulter wrote:

> In article <4hfeif$...@sibd001.sidoci.sidoci.qc.ca> dubec...@sidoci.qc.ca writes:
> >From: dubec...@sidoci.qc.ca
> >Subject: Re: Help! Compiler ignores changes in source code
> >Date: 4 Mar 1996 18:59:27 GMT

> >We have the same problem and we have over 20 computers using Delphi
> >(under Windows 3.1, Windows NT and Windows 95). It seems that sometimes
> >modifications are not seen unless you rebuild all. You're not alone, and
> >if you ever find something, please let me know.
> I have had this "problem" a few times. In all cases it was traced to version
> control procedures with Delphi compiling (or not compiling) the standard
> version and not the temporary version that was being edited.

> A possible related version control problem (Delphi 1 anyway) was that
> modifications to the DPR file did not necessarily change its date. I suppose
> this was someting to do with preventing unnecessary compiles, but the result
> was that our version control/synchronization program often asked for manual
> intervention when it found two version of a DPR  with the same date but
> different content.

Other Threads