D4 Standard INDY install problem

I've followed the install notes and read through the messages here, but...

When I try to compile any of the demos the compiler stops on Line 1 and says "Cannot find
system.pas".

???
--
J. R. Fitch

Re:D4 Standard INDY install problem

Somehow, you've lost your library path.

Go to "Tools" -> "environement options", select the "Library" tab and add
the necessary pathes there (here is part of mine that should get you
started)

$(DELPHI)\Lib;$(DELPHI)\Bin;$(DELPHI)\Imports;$(DELPHI)\Projects\Bpl;

Good luck,
Stephane

On 05 Feb 2002, "J. R. Fitch" <jrfi...@ninedragons.com> wrote in

> I've followed the install notes and read through the messages here,
> but...

> When I try to compile any of the demos the compiler stops on Line 1 and
> says "Cannot find system.pas".

> ???
> --
> J. R. Fitch

Re:D4 Standard INDY install problem

Stephane,

> Somehow, you've lost your library path.

> Go to "Tools" -> "environement options", select the "Library" tab and add
> the necessary pathes there (here is part of mine that should get you
> started)

> $(DELPHI)\Lib;$(DELPHI)\Bin;$(DELPHI)\Imports;$(DELPHI)\Projects\Bpl;

That was the exact problem. In my case it was caused by a Registry error for $(DELPHI). I used the
"Registry Only" feature of the D4 install CD to fix it.

Thanks for snapping me back to the big picture.   :)

--
J. R. Fitch
Nine Dragons Software

> On 05 Feb 2002, "J. R. Fitch" <jrfi...@ninedragons.com> wrote in

> > I've followed the install notes and read through the messages here,
> > but...

> > When I try to compile any of the demos the compiler stops on Line 1 and
> > says "Cannot find system.pas".

Other Threads