800x600 Large Font Vs Small Font

Why when a machine has change its settings to large font, all my apps'
labels,buttons, graphics are out of the viewable position ???

Re:800x600 Large Font Vs Small Font

Anders LEE wrote:

> Why when a machine has change its settings to large font, all my apps'
> labels,buttons, graphics are out of the viewable position ???

That's what Windows does for you if you don't tell it not to. To prevent
this set the Scaled property of the form to false.

Regards,

Remco

Re:800x600 Large Font Vs Small Font

Thanks Remco,

I always wonder what the Scaled property do.  Then how come it not
default to NO ??
(Also I don't understnad why the position is not defualt to
DesktopCenter instead of design)

>Anders LEE wrote:

>> Why when a machine has change its settings to large font, all my apps'
>> labels,buttons, graphics are out of the viewable position ???

>That's what Windows does for you if you don't tell it not to. To prevent
>this set the Scaled property of the form to false.

>Regards,

>Remco

Re:800x600 Large Font Vs Small Font

One thing i may add here, even though you set your scale to false you may
still suffer problems.
I don't know if D5 has corrected this but i find even though you set your
scale to false the size of
fonts used in components will get scaled up because delphi reads the design
time and user systems
Pixel per Inch, when you select FONT size of 8 it will actually produce
something like 9 or 10;
 the end results is your fonts will be scrashed on the controls.
 what i have found that works if you do not want to allow this  is in the
form create of the main form you
set your font size like this.
Form1.font.size := Trunc(8 *(Screen.Pixelperinch/96));
 Lets just assume that 8 is the size of your font that you want..ect....
after this, have all of  the child controls use the Parent font.
 or perform this one each control that uses a different font..
 because the TFONT.Size uses the   pixelsperinch to scale the fonts you can
trick it to putting the
correct font back in place..
 the only other problem will be with Main Menus which are controled by
windows.

Anders LEE wrote:

> Thanks Remco,

> I always wonder what the Scaled property do.  Then how come it not
> default to NO ??
> (Also I don't understnad why the position is not defualt to
> DesktopCenter instead of design)

I wish it did, but I guess you could change that in the sources but I'm
too lazy to look where to do that ;)

Remco

In article <383D15D5.C6F77...@xs4all.nl>, Remco de Korte wrote:
> > I always wonder what the Scaled property do.  Then how come it not
> > default to NO ??
> > (Also I don't understnad why the position is not defualt to
> > DesktopCenter instead of design)

> I wish it did, but I guess you could change that in the sources but I'm
> too lazy to look where to do that ;)

Just create a form, set Scaled, etc. to what you want; put it in the
repoisitory; and make it the default form for new projects...

Colin
e-mail :co...@wilsonc.demon.co.uk
web: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

Re:800x600 Large Font Vs Small Font

The best thing is to write an app for a specified resolution and font size,
because we programmers are not magicians and in fact we are often lucky if
we can get the program to run on one (1) physical machine, due to the
wonderful portability of Windows (TM). If the end user complains, then it is
just his hard luck, and he can go somewhere else.

OTS

Anders LEE wrote in message <383c8888.17475...@forums.borland.com>...
>Why when a machine has change its settings to large font, all my apps'
>labels,buttons, graphics are out of the viewable position ???

Other Threads