Data Controls 'DBText' and 'DBMemo'

Hello,

I have a Delphi6 program with a database and 1 calculated field. In this
calculated field, I insert newlines by means of '#13'.

When I use DBMemo as data control, it does not recognize this character and
puts a '|' sign on my screen instead.
When I use DBText as data control, it screens a newline.

How can I put newlines in my calculated field that also work with DBMemo?

Kind regards,

Pascal

Re:Data Controls 'DBText' and 'DBMemo'

Try using  #$0D + #$0A ,  $0D is a Carriage Return and $0A is a Line Feed.
TMemo and TDBMemo need the pair Cr Lf pair for a new line.

"pascal" <pascal.lamb...@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I have a Delphi6 program with a database and 1 calculated field. In this
> calculated field, I insert newlines by means of '#13'.

> When I use DBMemo as data control, it does not recognize this character
and
> puts a '|' sign on my screen instead.
> When I use DBText as data control, it screens a newline.

> How can I put newlines in my calculated field that also work with DBMemo?

> Kind regards,

> Pascal

Other Threads