What's the deal with SQL Links and SQL Server 2000?

I keep reading that the BDE and SQL Links flat won't work with SQL
Server 2000.

We hooked our AP up and it's fine.

So what's the deal?

Kevin

Re:What's the deal with SQL Links and SQL Server 2000?

Kevin Davidson wrote:

> I keep reading that the BDE and SQL Links flat won't work with SQL
> Server 2000.

> We hooked our AP up and it's fine.

> So what's the deal?

        It won't support any features which were added to SQL Server after
version 6.5.

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:What's the deal with SQL Links and SQL Server 2000?

> So what's the deal?

The BDE uses DBLIB to talk to SQL Server.  Microsoft hasn't enhanced or
updated DBLIB since 6.5.  So, unless you need a feature that is specific
to SQL Server 7 or 2000 (new datatype for example), the BDE works fine
for MS SQL Server.

David R.

Re:What's the deal with SQL Links and SQL Server 2000?

But the BDE does'nt support the SERVER NAME as SERVER\INSTANCE  !!!!
How cant it be done ??

ED

"David R. Robinson" <ibinst...@mail.com> escreveu na mensagem

> > So what's the deal?

> The BDE uses DBLIB to talk to SQL Server.  Microsoft hasn't enhanced or
> updated DBLIB since 6.5.  So, unless you need a feature that is specific
> to SQL Server 7 or 2000 (new datatype for example), the BDE works fine
> for MS SQL Server.

> David R.

Other Threads