setting up IBX

I have only started working with IBX a while ago. The probelm is the
following. I have a database that runs on NT with a interbase server
running. The database is sitting in the dir c:\rmsdb\rmsdb.gdb of the
server.

I was first using a ODBC driver where you actualy specify the alias and it
worked just fine. Then the nightmare. I converted one program from normal
datasets to IBX. Now when I run the program on the client it says it can't
find the database.

My question :
When you program with IBX what is the parameters you must put in for the
IBDatabase Component to connect via TCP/IP to my server when installing the
app on the client.

Thanks Ruaan

Re:setting up IBX

ruaan wrote:

> My question :
> When you program with IBX what is the parameters you must put in for the
> IBDatabase Component to connect via TCP/IP to my server when installing the
> app on the client.

DatabaseName should look like <server>:<path> for tcp.  i.e.
server:f:\login\login.gdb.  If you right click on the TIBDatabase and use the
component editor that comes with it it will correctly build the database name
string for you based on the transport protocol.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
  (Please do not email me directly unless asked.  Thank You)

Other Threads