dataset.locate = "Operation Not Applicable"

Am trying to use locate for a table, and am coming up with the error
"Operation Not Applicable".  I am using Delphi 5, along with paradox tables.
Both lines of code below are from the same unit - just in response to
different conditions.

This code works fine :
t:=data.table8.Locate('Type;Date;ReceiptName',VarArrayOf(['I',f,y]),[]);

This code returns the error above every single time:
b:=data.table6.Locate('Type;PledgeFor;PledgeFund',
VarArrayOf(['P',wwho,wfund]), []);

t and b above are boolean values.

Both of these tables are open at the time, and I have looked as best as I
can and cannot find anything different about these tables - except different
fields.  I cannot find anything concerning "Operation Not Applicable" - that
is all there is to the error window except for the red x.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Scott

Re:dataset.locate = "Operation Not Applicable"

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:33:19 -0400, scott wrote:

>This code returns the error above every single time:
>b:=data.table6.Locate('Type;PledgeFor;PledgeFund',
>VarArrayOf(['P',wwho,wfund]), []);

       What type are the fields Type, PledgeFor and PledgeFund. What
type are the variables wwho and wfund?

--
Virgo P?rna
virgo.pa...@mail.ee

Re:dataset.locate = "Operation Not Applicable"

Type is a string;
PledgeFor, and PledgeFund are Integer;

The example that works fine are string, tdatetime, and integer.

Scott

"Virgo P?rna" <virgo.pa...@mail.ee> wrote in message

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:33:19 -0400, scott wrote:

> >This code returns the error above every single time:
> >b:=data.table6.Locate('Type;PledgeFor;PledgeFund',
> >VarArrayOf(['P',wwho,wfund]), []);

>        What type are the fields Type, PledgeFor and PledgeFund. What
> type are the variables wwho and wfund?

> --
> Virgo P?rna
> virgo.pa...@mail.ee

Re:dataset.locate = "Operation Not Applicable"

>Both of these tables are open at the time, and I have looked as best as I
>can and cannot find anything different about these tables - except different
>fields.  I cannot find anything concerning "Operation Not Applicable" - that
>is all there is to the error window except for the red x.

What event  is the code for the locate that fails?
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads