Data loss in BDE Delphi

I have recently found a problem with records in a delphi database going
missing! The data posts Ok and can be used Ok but the next day I come
back and the records have disapeared. Has any one had this type of
problem before? Please help if you can.

Re:Data loss in BDE Delphi

        Does it do this with a new table? It sounds like
possible corruption to me.

--
Paradox and Delphi Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
             Most small questions answered for free!

       Paradox Web Page: http://www.pagescape.com/fire/pdox/
          My words are my own, I don't speak for Borland.

Re:Data loss in BDE Delphi

In article <3207337C.7...@vic-mailhost.tpgi.com.au>,
   David Kelly <dke...@vic-mailhost.tpgi.com.au> wrote:

>I have recently found a problem with records in a delphi database going
>missing! The data posts Ok and can be used Ok but the next day I come
>back and the records have disapeared. Has any one had this type of
>problem before? Please help if you can.

The problem most likely ocuur when you shut down win95 when your
Delphi application is still active.
Before win95 can close your application you will have to close all the tables.

An other solution is to force a write to the disk with the statement
DbiSavechanges(Table.handle). This shut force the delphi app to direct the
records to the disk.

The most common way is to at the statement in the event Afterpost

Do not forget to include the the bde unit in the uses clause

Hope this works

Johan

Re:Data loss in BDE Delphi

Mathew Gyokers Eliot wrote:

>         Does it do this with a new table? It sounds like
> possible corruption to me.
> The problem has recently occured in a client managment program I am

developing. The table for clients already exhists and contains > 4500
records. The user enters new clients and then can go on and use the data
to carry out billing or just lookup the clients info. However at a later
stage i.e. the next day they go to lookup the client and they are not in
the database anymore. I have placed a log file procedure into the
program which tests for the presence of the client after a new record is
posted and it records the results i.e time of entry client ID etc and
this log reports the correct posting of data so I dont think it relates
to data error. I am using Delphi 1 and the original BDE. Any help would
be appreaciated.

Other Threads