Text in memo doesn't wrap

I have a problem with a TMemo component. The Memo property WordWrap is set
to true; nevertheless, the text I add to the memo at run time does not wrap.
I tried using the statement  MyMemo.Text:= 'xxx' or
MyMemo.lines.add('xxx'). Neither ways it works as expected.
Any idea ?

Re:Text in memo doesn't wrap

"Franco Jommi" <franco.jom...@tin.it> wrote in message

> I have a problem with a TMemo component. The Memo property WordWrap is set
> to true; nevertheless, the text I add to the memo at run time does not
wrap.
> I tried using the statement  MyMemo.Text:= 'xxx' or
> MyMemo.lines.add('xxx'). Neither ways it works as expected.
> Any idea ?

I bet 1 Zorkmid you have a horizontal scrollbar
turn it off
   if no scrollbar text beyond rhs either disappears or wraps

Re:Text in memo doesn't wrap

Franco Jommi wrote in message ...
>I have a problem with a TMemo component. The Memo property WordWrap is set
>to true; nevertheless, the text I add to the memo at run time does not
wrap.
>I tried using the statement  MyMemo.Text:= 'xxx' or
>MyMemo.lines.add('xxx'). Neither ways it works as expected.
>Any idea ?

Doesn't wrapping work at word boundaries?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:Text in memo doesn't wrap

ScrollBar is set to None. Isn't this the correct setting ?

"Terry Russell" <trochi...@optusnet.com.au> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Franco Jommi" <franco.jom...@tin.it> wrote in message
> > I have a problem with a TMemo component. The Memo property WordWrap is
set
> > to true; nevertheless, the text I add to the memo at run time does not
> wrap.
> > I tried using the statement  MyMemo.Text:= 'xxx' or
> > MyMemo.lines.add('xxx'). Neither ways it works as expected.
> > Any idea ?

> I bet 1 Zorkmid you have a horizontal scrollbar
> turn it off
>    if no scrollbar text beyond rhs either disappears or wraps

Re:Text in memo doesn't wrap

If the following is the text I want displayed:
"I have a problem with a TMemo component that I don't know how to solve...."
In the memo area this is what is shown:
"I have a problem with a TMemo"

Using the right arrow the rest of the sentence is shown (the first part
disappears) ..

> ScrollBar is set to None. Isn't this the correct setting ?

it is to allow wrap, or vertical bar only
...but you say in the other post you can scroll right.

If set to none you should not have a bar to be able to do that.
Yet there _is_ a bar, so wordwrap doesn't work, your problem is with
that bar, not wordwrap.

memo1.lines.add('"I have a problem with a TMemo component that I don''t know
how to solve...."');

"Franco Jommi" <franco.jom...@tin.it> a crit dans le message de news:
wfkCa.25157$pR3.502...@news1.tin.it...

> If the following is the text I want displayed:
> "I have a problem with a TMemo component that I don't know how to
solve...."
> In the memo area this is what is shown:
> "I have a problem with a TMemo"

Are you sure that you have the apostrophe in "don't" doubled (so:
don''t) otherwise you're string will end after "don". i've just tried
it and there is no problem n my machine with this phrase as long as it
has the double apostrophe that is.

Re:Text in memo doesn't wrap

I said I can scroll, but I don't have a scrollBar. What happens is that if I
place the cursor at the end of the visibile part of the sentence and use the
right arrow, then the rest of the sentence is shown. Sorry for the
misunderstanding. I don't have scroll bars.

> +Franco Jommi" <franco.jom...@tin.it> wrote in message
> > ScrollBar is set to None. Isn't this the correct setting ?

> it is to allow wrap, or vertical bar only
> ...but you say in the other post you can scroll right.

> If set to none you should not have a bar to be able to do that.
> Yet there _is_ a bar, so wordwrap doesn't work, your problem is with
> that bar, not wordwrap.

> memo1.lines.add('"I have a problem with a TMemo component that I don''t
know
> how to solve...."');
> "I have a problem with a TMemo
> component that I don't know how